Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Missing purchase in the store

I just had a customer make two purchases in the store today. One was $14.99 and one was $149.77.
    Both were paid through Paypal, and both payments came through.
    Both transactions sent me the Paypal notification, however, one of them has vanished.
    There is no invoice sent to me, or to the customer. The purchase is NOT appearing in the store at all, either on my end, or on the customer's end.
    Yet, the payment DID go through and the description reads:
    "All the items in your shopping basket (see details in the store and on your store receipt).
    Item# Creation Cassel Purchase"

Is there a place to look for that transaction?
    I don't mind giving this person a coupon to re-add all the elements in his cart, but I wonder if it is tracked somewhere instead of him having to remember all the elements in his cart (my products are typically $5.99 so imagine how many there were in a $149 order!)

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Missing purchase in the store

It sounds like the PayPal module enabled is *not* PayPal express. Besides the fact that should upgrade out of general practice, the non express PayPal methods are known to have this issue where payment comes through but Zen Cart doesn't get all of the information.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    It sounds like the PayPal module enabled is *not* PayPal express. Besides the fact that should upgrade out of general practice, the non express PayPal methods are known to have this issue where payment comes through but Zen Cart doesn't get all of the information.
    I set it up so long ago. I don't remember if it was or not. How do I check? Also, it might have been only the second time it has happened in 10+ years.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    I set it up so long ago. I don't remember if it was or not. How do I check? Also, it might have been only the second time it has happened in 10+ years.
    Log into the admin, goto modules, payment, and review which payment modules have a green dot on the right side. PayPal is typically offered as three styles: PayPal website payments standard, PayPal website payments pro, and PayPal expires checkout.

The first two process the payment and attempt to notify the store about the success and also try to update everything from inventory to the purchasers record. This leads to the possibility that the purchase is made through PayPal, but information doesn't make it back to the store in a way similar to what was described. The third option processes the request more interactively with the store and has a higher success rate. I realize said only happened like twice, but cant say that have seen issues similar when using express pay.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I am not sure if it is related or not but for me, since 3 days ago, the invoices are no longer sent (at least, I don't get a copy and one customer confirmed she never got hers either).

I made no change to the email settings, no change to the store.

I get the Paypal notifications so I know about those transactions, but not getting anything from Stripe transactions, or "free" ones.

Where would those be "hanging"? Is there a way to retrieve them, somehow?

Plugin Contributions

You'll need to troubleshoot what's going wrong with your email.

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/email/
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

That is what is puzzling. Nothing else is happening with my emails. I can send and receive emails without issues using the same email address as in the store.
    Nothing was changed in the store between Friday and Saturday when those emails stopped.

I will look through that documentation.

But in the meantime, are those emails stored somewhere? Is there a way to get them resent to myself and the customers?

Plugin Contributions

> I can send and receive emails without issues using the same email address as in the store.
    Bear in mind that you need to test sending *from the store*. Go to Admin > Customers > Customers, look up your account, and click the Email button to send yourself an email. See if you receive the email.

> are those emails stored somewhere?
    It is stored if you use have Email Archiving set on.

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/email...chive_manager/
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    > I can send and receive emails without issues using the same email address as in the store.
    Bear in mind that you need to test sending *from the store*. Go to Admin > Customers > Customers, look up your account, and click the Email button to send yourself an email. See if you receive the email.
    OK, trying to send an email that way, I get errors:

ERROR: Failed sending email to: "Cassel Cassel" with subject: "Testing emails from the store" SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMail...roubleshooting
    Notice: FAILED to send Email to all recipients: cassel@xxxx (0)

I tried reading through that troubleshooting link, but I don't understand much of that.
    I checked under Configuration > Email and all the SMTP settings are unchanged from last week/month.

Plugin Contributions

Check with your host (if they also host your email) and make sure you have SPF, DKIM, andd DMARC propperly set up.

If your mail is hosted other than with your ZC, you may need to add a special A call to your DNS as well.

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/email...dkim-and-dmarc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast