Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: v1.5.7c - 503 Service Unavailable Error With Customer Login

Quote Originally Posted by split63 View Post
    Also, at one point we tried switching the php to version 7.4...it made no difference
    I left it at v7.4 and now need to go see what else may now be broken on the rest of the site
    I'll be going to 7.4 in the near future as well, so I'd be interested to know if you find any other issues!

Plugin Contributions

Try commenting out everything with "#"

I don't see where pHP 7.4 hurt Zen, but it killed a lot of other PHP utilities on my site
    When I went back to 5.6, it did not all go back...PHP pages worked again, but with errors....even Zen failed

So it appears that whatever GD did, requires PHP 7.4 and the edit to the ,htaccess page... at least for me
    Last edited by split63; 5 Feb 2023 at 03:54 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Guys, bear in mind that when you want to check the PHP version your cart is running, the way to do it is using the Version link at the top of your Admin panel. cPanel may report other results that don't pertain to your cart.

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/first_steps/version/
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Guys, bear in mind that when you want to check the PHP version your cart is running, the way to do it is using the Version link at the top of your Admin panel. cPanel may report other results that don't pertain to your cart.

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/first_steps/version/
    Thanks swguy.... Yes, I did recently realize that using the version link is the proper way check the current version, and mine did confirm that I was on 5.6!

I'm working with dbltoe to get my site updated and working well....

Plugin Contributions

For those wondering, I can only speak for the zapme1 portion of the scenario.

There were double changes on the part of GoneDaddy.

#1 - (speaking in host talk) they added 8.1 PHP and forgot to expand their number of PHP levels provided so the system automatically dropped 5.6. When they started getting calls about sites not working, they apparently realized what happened, expanded the number of PHP options, and reinstated 5.6 to the options. In so doing, it gave the reinstated 5.6 a new "ID" in the system which did not match that in the .htaccess. This was most likely the case for split63 as removing the 5.6 listing from their .htaccess forced the cPanel to look at what was going on and edit the .htaccess automatically to match the level AND "ID".

#2 - On zapme1's server the database connection was also changed from MySQL to MySQLi which is why the site was showing up but there were still problems doing anything involving the database. The "i" stands for improved but, it wasn't an improvement for zapme1 as ZC was still looking for MySQL. Strike two on changes without prior notification.

#3 - 40K+ logs in the log folder and display logs not installed. Had it been installed, the database connection would have been pointed out. In my mind, Display Logs should be installed by default. But, we have had folks contact us to turn it off because they were tired of getting the notification that the log file was getting bigger. They had no idea that it was trying to tell them there was a big problem.

#4 - There was some confusion in the rebuild as person or persons uknown decided upon upgrade to not replace the appropriate settings in the two configure.php files but, rather, to comment out the old and enter the new. Sometimes keeping the grouping and other times comment, new line, comment, new line. Because of that, our first database pull and update was the database that had been commented out versus the new one listed some 6 lines later. New in our procedure book is to make sure the line is not commented out. In this case, we replaced both configure.php files with proper ones for 1.5.7 and replaced the settings with the proper ones.

One thing those of you doing this on your own will need to keep in mind as it even happens when making changes without changing hosts. If your site has any change that requires a new SSL certificate, it's possible that your admin password becomes invalid in the process without letting you know that the SSL replacement causes your password to require being changed.

zapme1's site has been running for around 12 hours with many DNS servers still reporting the old GoneDaddy IP or no IP for the URL. It can take up to 48 hours for all the systems to reset. Display logs are on and no logs reported. When the dust settles we will see what is keeping this 1.5.7c site from going above PHP 5.6.

Finally, as swguy pointed out, the only real accurate listing of what your site is actually running is obtained in the admin by clicking on Version

PS I had to edit that I chuckled as I went to post this as the button says "Post Quick Reply"

Plugin Contributions

Thanks @dbltoe for driving this issue to resolution.

Note to new users: there are many hosting companies you can choose from where you can successfully run Zen Cart. However, it is highly recommended that you not choose one whose name rhymes with "Slow Baddy." So if you see an attractive hosting offer from a company named, say, "Shmoe Shmaddy," you should keep looking.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Note to new users: there are many hosting companies you can choose from where you can successfully run Zen Cart. However, it is highly recommended that you not choose one whose name rhymes with "Slow Baddy." So if you see an attractive hosting offer from a company named, say, "Shmoe Shmaddy," you should keep looking.
    Especially look at Recommended Services Everyone on that list supports Zen Cart in some way so, you support Zen Cart by supporting them.

Plugin Contributions

And a double thanks to dbltoe from me for his help in getting me through my issues!

Now that was funny!

Plugin Contributions

When I was on the phone with Godaddy tech support. It was a constant battle of them telling me, they changed nothing and that it obviously my problem....something wrong with the Zen Files, something vestigial in my files. At one point, I checked on the PHP version while battling with Godaddy...it showed 5.6. Moments later, it showed 7.4. What the hell? They denied everything. They said no worries, you can shift it back to 5.4, no issues. Once back at 5.4, many of my sites PHP pages, were throwing errors. I put it back to 7.4, and those same pages were totally dead. I have been working on this for days now, migrating the PHP to 7.4
    Its how they deny everything and openly blame the customer for everything that is so infuriating.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by split63 View Post
    When I was on the phone with Godaddy tech support. It was a constant battle of them telling me, they changed nothing and that it obviously my problem....something wrong with the Zen Files, something vestigial in my files. At one point, I checked on the PHP version while battling with Godaddy...it showed 5.6. Moments later, it showed 7.4. What the hell? They denied everything. They said no worries, you can shift it back to 5.4, no issues. Once back at 5.4, many of my sites PHP pages, were throwing errors. I put it back to 7.4, and those same pages were totally dead. I have been working on this for days now, migrating the PHP to 7.4
    Its how they deny everything and openly blame the customer for everything that is so infuriating.
    The only thing that I can say to this is just what everyone else here has been saying...... "Get away from GoDaddy"!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast