Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Call for price Tweak

Hello everyone,

I could use some help and/or guidance in achieving the following on product_listing page:

When a product is listed as "call for price", my product displays 3 elements: call for price image, buy now button (technically more info link ) then call for price link text ( "contact us" in my example).

I attached a screen shot if it helps with the situation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	20224

What i would like to achieve:

When a product is call for price , the first 2 elements ( call for price and more info link) would disappear.

Only the contact us link would remain. It would also be great if this link could be an image instead.

Hope this makes sense

Here is a pic of what is the goal or similar to

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	20225

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Call for price Tweak

What version of Zen Cart & template are you using?
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    What version of Zen Cart & template are you using?
    i am on ZC 1.5.7 with bootstrap 3.4 and OPC

Plugin Contributions

Does the product have a price in the product entry screen?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    Does the product have a price in the product entry screen?
    Yes the product have a price in the entry screen. It is like the first pic on left in your example without the sale. i replaced the "...more info" by a "buynow" imagesince all my product have attributes. I found easier to understand for customer this way.

i am using the "call for price "option for product that have limited availability, custom to order...

The middle example is close to what i am looking for except for "call for price" image and "...more info".

It would be great if only the last line shows when the call for price is toggle on in the product admin page.

Basically and maybe sounding redundant, if a product is call for price, only the last night in middle pic example appears (product pic and name above it)

I am assuming it is something to do with an " if ....then " statement but it is not my forte obviously.

Site is at royal-fleurdotcom if needed

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nicksab View Post
    I am assuming it is something to do with an " if ....then " statement but it is not my forte obviously.
    Yeah, you'll need to change a few lines of code to get that.
    Start with includes/modules/bootstrap/product_listing.php
    Find
    Code:
    $more_info_button = '<a class="moreinfoLink" href="' . $href . '">' . MORE_INFO_TEXT . '</a>';
    Replace with
    Code:
    if($record['product_is_call'] != '1') {
                    $more_info_button = '<a class="moreinfoLink" href="' . $href . '">' . MORE_INFO_TEXT . '</a>';
                }
    Next, you'll need to modify the observer that comes with the bootstrap template: includes/classes/observers/ZcaBootstrapObserver.php
    Find
    Code:
    $call_tag = '<span class="mx-auto w-100 p-1">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES . OTHER_IMAGE_CALL_FOR_PRICE, PRODUCTS_PRICE_IS_CALL_FOR_PRICE_TEXT, '', '', '') . '</span>';
    and simply comment it:
    Code:
    //$call_tag = '<span class="mx-auto w-100 p-1">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES . OTHER_IMAGE_CALL_FOR_PRICE, PRODUCTS_PRICE_IS_CALL_FOR_PRICE_TEXT, '', '', '') . '</span>';
    Keep in mind these modifications will be overwritten when you upgrade your site or update the bootstrap template to the latest version...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    Find
    Code:
    Replace with
    Code:
                }
    Next, you'll need to modify the observer that comes with the bootstrap template: includes/classes/observers/ZcaBootstrapObserver.php
    Find
    Code:
    $call_tag = '<span class="mx-auto w-100 p-1">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES . OTHER_IMAGE_CALL_FOR_PRICE, PRODUCTS_PRICE_IS_CALL_FOR_PRICE_TEXT, '', '', '') . '</span>';
    and simply comment it:
    Code:
    //$call_tag = '<span class="mx-auto w-100 p-1">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE_IMAGES . OTHER_IMAGE_CALL_FOR_PRICE, PRODUCTS_PRICE_IS_CALL_FOR_PRICE_TEXT, '', '', '') . '</span>';
    Keep in mind these modifications will be overwritten when you upgrade your site or update the bootstrap template to the latest version...
    Awesome. Thank you balihr

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    Find
    Code:
    Replace with
    Code:
                }
    Find
    Code:
    and simply comment it:
    Code:
    I am still having issue with this.

The observer parts seems to be working and remove the "call for price" blue image.

However, the "more info" link is still being displayed even after doing the modifications to includes/modules/bootstrap/product_listing.php

How can i remove this link when the product are call for price?

Thank you in advance for your help.