Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Class is really bad in 158

can you use a hypen in a table name is exactyly the querry that I made to google.

SET SQL_MODE = ANSI_QUOTES; SELECT * FROM "my-table";

or

Yes, you can use punctuation, white space, international characters, and SQL reserved words if you use delimited identifiers:
    SELECT * FROM `my-table`;

Everyone agrees that the hyphen SHOULD not be used in table names. But no agrees that it COULD not be used.

But again, you guys are hijacking the thread. My complaint was that there is no footnote telling people what characters can not be used for the table prefix. I wasted an hour trying to do a clean install that failed every time with no message identifying the reason for the install fail. Either put the dang footnote near the prefix box, or inform the user that the install failed due to bad prefix characters. Thats all. Yall need to get off your high horses and do something besides argue when someone complains that something can be improved. What a bunch of puffs.

Plugin Contributions

@pixelpadre, You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Yes, MySQL table- and field-names can contain a hyphen (and other non-alphanumeric and underscore) characters, but that usage requires the consistent use of backticks (`) around those non-standard names. However, the Zen Cart back (as well as 99.99% of the plugins) don't backtick consistently; that's why you ran across that issue using a hyphen in your database prefix.

From https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0...ntifiers.html:

An identifier may be quoted or unquoted. If an identifier contains special characters or is a reserved word, you must quote it whenever you refer to it. (Exception: A reserved word that follows a period in a qualified name must be an identifier, so it need not be quoted.) Reserved words are listed at Section 9.3, “Keywords and Reserved Words”.
    Internally, identifiers are converted to and are stored as Unicode (UTF-8). The permissible Unicode characters in identifiers are those in the Basic Multilingual Plane (BMP). Supplementary characters are not permitted. Identifiers thus may contain these characters:

• Permitted characters in unquoted identifiers:
      • ASCII: [0-9,a-z,A-Z$_] (basic Latin letters, digits 0-9, dollar, underscore)
      • Extended: U+0080 .. U+FFFF

• Permitted characters in quoted identifiers include the full Unicode Basic Multilingual Plane (BMP), except U+0000:
      • ASCII: U+0001 .. U+007F

• ASCII NUL (U+0000) and supplementary characters (U+10000 and higher) are not permitted in quoted or unquoted identifiers.
    • Identifiers may begin with a digit but unless quoted may not consist solely of digits.
    • Database, table, and column names cannot end with space characters.
    • Beginning with MySQL 8.0.32, use of the dollar sign as the first character in the unquoted name of a database, table, view, column, stored program, or alias is deprecated and produces a warning. This includes such names used with qualifiers (see Section 9.2.2, “Identifier Qualifiers”). The dollar sign can still be used as the leading character of such an identifier when it is quoted according to the rules given later in this section.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    @pixelpadre, You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Yes, MySQL table- and field-names can contain a hyphen (and other non-alphanumeric and underscore) characters, but that usage requires the consistent use of backticks (`) around those non-standard names. However, the Zen Cart back (as well as 99.99% of the plugins) don't backtick consistently; that's why you ran across that issue using a hyphen in your database prefix.

From https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0...ntifiers.html:

An identifier may be quoted or unquoted. If an identifier contains special characters or is a reserved word, you must quote it whenever you refer to it. (Exception: A reserved word that follows a period in a qualified name must be an identifier, so it need not be quoted.) Reserved words are listed at Section 9.3, “Keywords and Reserved Words”.
    Internally, identifiers are converted to and are stored as Unicode (UTF-8). The permissible Unicode characters in identifiers are those in the Basic Multilingual Plane (BMP). Supplementary characters are not permitted. Identifiers thus may contain these characters:

• Permitted characters in unquoted identifiers:
      • ASCII: [0-9,a-z,A-Z$_] (basic Latin letters, digits 0-9, dollar, underscore)

• Permitted characters in quoted identifiers include the full Unicode Basic Multilingual Plane (BMP), except U+0000:
      • ASCII: U+0001 .. U+007F

• ASCII NUL (U+0000) and supplementary characters (U+10000 and higher) are not permitted in quoted or unquoted identifiers.
    • Identifiers may begin with a digit but unless quoted may not consist solely of digits.
    • Database, table, and column names cannot end with space characters.
    • Beginning with MySQL 8.0.32, use of the dollar sign as the first character in the unquoted name of a database, table, view, column, stored program, or alias is deprecated and produces a warning. This includes such names used with qualifiers (see Section 9.2.2, “Identifier Qualifiers”). The dollar sign can still be used as the leading character of such an identifier when it is quoted according to the rules given later in this section.
    Again...uggg. I couldnt care lesss about using the =. But I do care that you guys cant include a footnote that says DO NOT USE THE HYPHEN.!!!!!! PLEASE TURN OFF FURTHER COMMENTING.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    We also know you don't like responsive classic as you have said in the past. You have also argued the way you would set up a template for your site should be default so you don't have to do the work. Most of the rest of us disagree, point and laugh. Figure it out, don't like the size of the hamburger menu, pretty sure you can adjust that in css.
    Its not the hamburger.

The entire mainpage, no matter how long or how short the main page is, will be made to fit on the android screen. No scrolling like v157. Just a huge page shrunk down to fit the android. Wasnt that way in v157. Something is not right and needs a casual investigation. Im sure its something that was overlooked as opposed to a major rewrite of the template. Why is everyone so dang negative around here everytime someone points out a deficiency? You guys need to go to engineer school. Once there you will learn that life is full of deficiencies and that fixing deficiencies is what makes the world advance. Your philosophy is "its my ball so we play by my rules, if you dont like it, go home". What a great attitude!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpadre View Post
    Its not the hamburger.

The entire mainpage, no matter how long or how short the main page is, will be made to fit on the android screen. No scrolling like v157. Just a huge page shrunk down to fit the android. Wasnt that way in v157.
    Something is wrong on your end - this is not the standard behavior. On a vanilla 1.5.8 with responsive_classic, that does NOT happen. So, either you've made some modifications or your install failed, but it's a problem on your end.
    Are you sure your browser is not requesting a Desktop site?

I'd suggest trying again from scratch, delete everything and install again. And make sure you reload (clear cache) when you check the reinstalled site.
    You can check my demo site - it's 1.5.8 with responsive_classic (not a vanilla install, there's Products Below Categories installed, but that plugin doesn't affect the layout in any way related to your issue). Are you having the same display issue there?

You're claiming there's an issue with Zen Cart, but it's most likely that you're simply missing something on your end. Without providing a link to the site in question, all we can do here is take out our magic ball and start guessing what you did wrong. If engineering has thought me anything, it's to witness the problem and then work to find a solution, not just rely on a single comment "it doesn't work, change the core"...

Plugin Contributions

I've no idea about Hyphengate, but here's a clean 1.5.8 installation, no mods, using the responsive classic template. It looks fine to me on two Samsung Galaxies in Firefox and Chrome and in all the phone options using the Mobile First emulator. http://thatearp.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by earp View Post
    I've no idea about Hyphengate, but here's a clean 1.5.8 installation, no mods, using the responsive classic template. It looks fine to me on two Samsung Galaxies in Firefox and Chrome and in all the phone options using the Mobile First emulator. http://thatearp.com
    Hyphengate, that made me smile!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by earp View Post
    I've no idea about Hyphengate
    You, sir, win the internet for today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12