Thread: Zone Rates

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zone Rates

@JPVV you are showing an access log. The debug log which @torvista is asking for is a file created in your /logs folder when there's a blank or partial blank screen. See

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...ng/debug_logs/
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    @JPVV you are showing an access log. The debug log which @torvista is asking for is a file created in your /logs folder when there's a blank or partial blank screen. See

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...ng/debug_logs/
    Thank you !! 38 years as software bussiness developper but totally noob for PHP / ZENCART.

Yes, there are much logs about problems keeping the old domain name that I used as test site. I did a clean installation in the new domain and changed all the files under the root with the old domain name. And was changed in the admin screens. Searching the old name NOW in all the files only appeared in 2 links without importance. But seems that the database must contain that domain in some place.

I have the old site as backup of first steps shop ( old version ). I will erase the old site to force faillures as not found and Let me view.

Plugin Contributions

1- Restored database from point where zone table / zone rates was running fine. ( For both cases english / spanish ). With the countries / zones untouched as they came from the clean installation / spanish language update.
    2- Restored web from same point.
    3- Changed the 2 bad links ( only 2 bad links in rich text of text information in the home page )
    4- Enter as normal user. All right. No logs.
    5- Enter as admin I can see the admin's page normal and I can uninstall the ZONE TABLE / ZONE RATES modules from shipping options.
    6- I copy the ENGLISH part of the ZONE RATES CLONE MODULE for the spanish case prior to install.
    6- I upload the files to the site.
    7- The same. RIGHT part of screen in blank.

Error logs, various of same type:
    --> PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Undefined constant "MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONETABLE_SORT_ORDER" in /srv/vhost/tecnikit.com/home/html/******/includes/modules/shipping/zonetable.php:71
    Stack trace:
    #0 /srv/vhost/tecnikit.com/home/html/******/admindir/modules.php(187): zonetable->__construct()
    #1 /srv/vhost/tecnikit.com/home/html/******/admindir/index.php(11): require('/srv/vhost/tecn...')
    #2 {main}
    thrown in /srv/vhost/tecnikit.com/home/html/******/includes/modules/shipping/zonetable.php on line 71.

Plugin Contributions

Did you see the upper message ? Am I making something wrong or happens something with this module ?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Check the install method in your zonetable shipping module. Based on the error message, I'm guessing that the configuration_key values that are being set still start with MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_ instead of MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONETABLE_

Plugin Contributions

Before trying to understand ( and try again ) why that problem happens if those modules were disabled, I checked again if this clone will solve the administrative problem. And I see no.

I understand that you recommended it because with the clone you can define a different tax for each clone. But there is still the problem of variations in the shipping amount by country/countries but for regions.

As example, if you send from UK to Man Island, you have a special shipping cost. And to Gibraltar a diferent shipping cost and tax rate.

I need ( are conditions imposed by the authorities and the transport company ):

Country ES region islands A - Tax type 1 - Shipping cost 1
    Country ES region islands B - Tax type 2 - Shipping cost 2
    Country ES region islands C - Tax type 3 - Shipping cost 3
    Country ES rest of regions - Tax type 3 - Shipping cost 4
    Intra-community countries zone E- Tax type 4 - Shipping cost 5
    Intra-community countries zone F- Tax type 4 - Shipping cost 6
    Out of EU countries zone G - Taxtype 5 - Shipping cost 7
    Out of EU countries zone H - Taxtype 5 - Shipping cost 8
    Out of EU countries zone I - Taxtype 5 - Shipping cost 9

As you see, the zone rates clone can't solve this. Probably an intermediate table with index country/zone/subzone could solve this and all cases but....

Is there a way to do this ?

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Just get Advanced Shipper. I'm in Spain, been using it for 12 years, and have never touched the core shipping modules.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much Steve. I think we are close, I now live in Pontevedra.

The idea of ​​using Zencart was to have a zero cost since the result of my type of business is unknown. I'm trying something and if it doesn't work, of course I will use your sollution.

I have cloned the zones_to_geo_zones table with another name to not alter the structure of Zencart, adding a new field for the price. It is as simple as each defined area has a different transport price, and that's it.

I'm now looking how to implement it in the PHP code, since I haven't used PHP until getting into Zencart. The problem is time, so I'm not going to do a dataentry. The data will be entered by the SQL table editor and that's it.

Javier Povedano

Plugin Contributions

Ok, bad idea. Too much code to change. Not only for the calculations, for web-db conectivity, modules conections.... I will use the module that you say.

Thank you !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12