Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property ups::$quotes

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Where is that documented? Php 8.0 removed suppression of error type messages, but not all suppression. See this portion of the php manual: https://www.php.net/manual/en/langua...rorcontrol.php

Which can be "temporarily" allowed without associated dynamic property log generation by using:
    #[\AllowDynamicProperties]

As described: https://www.php.net/manual/en/class....properties.php
    mc...Can you provide additional detail? Placing #[\AllowDynamicProperties] just before the class declaration doesn't seem to help me. Is there anything else that needs to be done to temporarily kill the error messages? My webhost went from PHP 8.0 to 8.2 and I'm getting tons of error logs associated with this problem in the query_factory class. I'm in zc 1.5.7c and not quite ready to deploy 1.5.8a.

Sample log:
    [16-Feb-2024 17:18:38 America/New_York] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=index, IP address: xxx
    #0 /domain/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php(586): zen_debug_error_handler()
    #1 /domain/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php(202): queryFactoryResult->__construct()
    #2 /domain/includes/init_includes/init_database.php(52): queryFactory->Execute()
    #3 /domain/includes/application_top.php(189): require('/...')
    #4 /domain/index.php(25): require('/...')
    --> PHP Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property queryFactoryResult::$link is deprecated in /domain/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 586.

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dave224 View Post
    mc...Can you provide additional detail? Placing #[\AllowDynamicProperties] just before the class declaration doesn't seem to help me. Is there anything else that needs to be done to temporarily kill the error messages? My webhost went from PHP 8.0 to 8.2 and I'm getting tons of error logs associated with this problem in the query_factory class. I'm in zc 1.5.7c and not quite ready to deploy 1.5.8a.

Sample log:
    [16-Feb-2024 17:18:38 America/New_York] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=index, IP address: xxx
    #0 /domain/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php(586): zen_debug_error_handler()
    #1 /domain/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php(202): queryFactoryResult->__construct()
    #2 /domain/includes/init_includes/init_database.php(52): queryFactory->Execute()
    #3 /domain/includes/application_top.php(189): require('/...')
    #4 /domain/index.php(25): require('/...')
    --> PHP Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property queryFactoryResult::$link is deprecated in /domain/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 586.

Thank you.
    You say or reference the query_class, but that file has two classes declared in it, the reported issue is with the class towards the bottom of the file which is the queryFactoryResult class.

It is my understanding though I haven't again gone to test this, that the alliance to add dynamic properties is a power class allowance not a first at top of file allowance. Otherwise, one could add it to the first of many files loaded to assemble the store and it would apply across all. That to would complicate troubleshooting and development if the single inclusion applied to all of the code.

Of course upgrading to the latest software, downgrading the php version, and then other code changes might be a reasonable sequence to how to approach resolution of a significant number of different deported issues. For one that is breweries reported, the fix should be simple (famous last words).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dave224 View Post
    My webhost went from PHP 8.0 to 8.2 and I'm getting tons of error logs associated with this problem
    One of the things that's getting more and more strict in ongoing PHP versions is this issue of creating variables on-the-fly without first declaring them (by stating they exist or giving them a value).
    You're going to find a number of places where that's been happening, because prior to PHP was actually built to intentionally allow that. So that's why you see a lot of original Zen Cart code doing that.
    Part of the reason for PHP getting more strict about this stuff is that it helps make it run faster and manage memory better. It also makes PHP more like "other" languages, for better or for worse.

In short, if you're staying on v1.5.7 then you'll need to downgrade your PHP version as well.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12