1.5.8a+
    PHP 8.0
    bootstrap
    bootstrap colors
    OPC
    mod list
    clone a template
    customer groups

This site is literally up to the minute on all files and appears to work quite well, UNTIL you attempt to run Chrome's Lighthouse, run a check at keadlinkchecker.com, or do a redirect check at seobility.net.

The site, which comes up and seems to work fine throws a 404 in all three checks. When checking with seoptimer.com, it says the server is reporting the 404.

We have tried everything including getting cPanel involved in order to figure out why this is happening including moving the files to a completely different server. The new server does the same thing which points the finger at the files loaded.

Using UltraCompare (an excellent commercial tool) we are unable to find any file differences reported when comparing the latest github files to those of the site. We have had instances in the past with other sites that a hidden hex code was causing a problem but UltraCompare was supposedly fixed to enable the program to see the difference better.

The Lighthouse error is
    There were issues affecting this run of Lighthouse:
    • Lighthouse was unable to reliably load the page you requested. Make sure you are testing the correct URL and that the server is properly responding to all requests. (Status code: 404)
    There is little mention of this on stackoverflow or on github.

We are getting two notices
    Code:
    [17-Apr-2023 22:57:33 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=gv_redeem, IP address: 740.450.235.17, Language id 1#1 require(/includes/modules/pages/gv_redeem/header_php.php) called at [/index.php:35]
    --> PHP Notice: Undefined index: gv_no in /includes/modules/pages/gv_redeem/header_php.php on line 13.

** AND **

[17-Apr-2023 12:17:37 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: _SESSION in /includes/extra_configures/enable_error_logging.php on line 84
    [17-Apr-2023 12:17:37 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /includes/extra_configures/enable_error_logging.php on line 84
    [17-Apr-2023 12:17:37 UTC] Request URI: not set, IP address: not set, Language id
    #1 require_once(/includes/init_includes/init_sessions.php) called at [/includes/autoload_func.php:40]
    #2 require(/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/includes/application_top.php:237]
    #3 require(/includes/application_top.php) called at [/index.php:25]
    --> PHP Notice: Undefined index: SCRIPT_NAME in /includes/init_includes/init_sessions.php on line 33.

[17-Apr-2023 12:17:37 UTC] Request URI: not set, IP address: ., Language id 1
    #1 navigationHistory->add_current_page() called at [/includes/autoload_func.php:62]
    #2 require(/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/includes/application_top.php:237]
    --> PHP Notice: Undefined index: SCRIPT_NAME in /includes/classes/navigation_history.php on line 38.

#1 require_once(/includes/init_includes/init_customer_auth.php) called at [/includes/autoload_func.php:40]
    --> PHP Notice: Undefined index: SCRIPT_NAME in /includes/init_includes/init_customer_auth.php on line 83.

#1 require_once(/includes/init_includes/init_customer_auth.php) called at [/includes/autoload_func.php:40]
    --> PHP Notice: Undefined index: SCRIPT_NAME in /includes/init_includes/init_customer_auth.php on line 84.

--> PHP Notice: Undefined index: SCRIPT_NAME in /includes/init_includes/init_customer_auth.php on line 139.

--> PHP Notice: Undefined index: SCRIPT_NAME in /includes/init_includes/init_customer_auth.php on line 140.

#1 zen_update_whos_online() called at [/includes/init_includes/init_special_funcs.php:18]
    #2 require_once(/includes/init_includes/init_special_funcs.php) called at [/includes/autoload_func.php:40]
    #3 require(/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/includes/application_top.php:237]
    #4 require(/includes/application_top.php) called at [/index.php:25]
    --> PHP Notice: Undefined index: SCRIPT_NAME in /includes/functions/whos_online.php on line 13.

#1 zen_update_whos_online() called at [/includes/init_includes/init_special_funcs.php:18]
    #2 require_once(/includes/init_includes/init_special_funcs.php) called at [/includes/autoload_func.php:40]
    #3 require(/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/includes/application_top.php:237]
    #4 require(/includes/application_top.php) called at [/index.php:25]
    --> PHP Notice: Undefined index: SCRIPT_NAME in /includes/functions/whos_online.php on line 41.
    I really don't think these could be the culprit and I hate to take the site down for complete rewrite.

Wondering if anyone else has run into this or has any ideas as to why/how this is happening?

cPanel is set to force https, configs are set fgor https, and the .htacess contains a 301 to send any and everything to https://brothersandnoblesDOTcom.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Craziest 404 EVER!

Do you have any default filters on in Ultracompare that may be hiding a file? That caught me out in Beyond Compare once.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Both Compare and Ignore are set to default settings in UC.

Plugin Contributions

It doesn't make sense to me that this would matter, but you are showing a

<meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow">

In the header

Maybe affects the tools?

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    It doesn't make sense to me that this would matter, but you are showing a

In the header

Maybe affects the tools?

~Melanie
    That is different than the other sites.

Changing templates makes no difference but all the files shown by Developer's toolkit that contain noindex are matches between two different sites running 1.5.8a+ and bootstrap.

robots.txt files are identical and basic.

I'm unable to find what is causing the meta tag to show in one and not the other.

Plugin Contributions

I was able to comment out the meta tag call on line 83 of includes/templates/bootstrap/common/html_header.pho and still get the same results.

The file is the same for both sites so it may be from the IF statement causing it to fire differently between the two sites.

lines 82 - 84 of includes/templates/bootstrap/common/html_header.php
    Code:
    <?php if (defined('ROBOTS_PAGES_TO_SKIP') && in_array($current_page_base, explode(",", constant('ROBOTS_PAGES_TO_SKIP'))) || $current_page_base == 'down_for_maintenance' || $robotsNoIndex === true) { ?>
    <?php } ?>

Plugin Contributions

I don't need to run any of those tools to get the 404, I just inspected it in chrome and firefox, check the network tab and see the 404
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

I get all 200's when I surf the site. Should I buy a lottery ticket? Is it my lucky day?
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

on every page except the homepage...
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Mike is correct BUT, how can https://brothersandnoblesDOTcom be throwing a 404 when it actually works every time you enter it in a browser?

That's the big W T ....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast