Quote Originally Posted by rkenley View Post
OK guys, settle down.

I DID state very clearly in my introduction that this is a clean install. There are no mods to Zen Cart. It is out of the box.
The fact of the matter is that Zen Cart 1.5.7d is stated to run on PHP from version 5.6 but this is not true. It won't run on versions earlier than 7.4 as far as I can tell.

But if there is something I have done wrong with my basic clean install that means it won't run on PHP 7.1 I would love to know.
I've just loaded zc157d running PHP 5.6.40 with no issues, so there might be something 'funky' either with either your Zen Cart setup or your webhost's environment.

You can create a teeny file named (something_obtuse.php) that contains
Code:
<?php
phpinfo();
Upload that to the root of your site and run it to see the base PHP setup for your site. At the very top, the function will identify the full PHP version/subversion as well as some of the basic PHP configuration information.

If you would, capture that information and post back. It would also help to see the contents of the admin version of the configure.php file (no need to include the database connection information).