Plugin Contributions

Default Can Free Shipping be removed if coupon lowers total below threshold?

Not sure if this has been asked before. Here's the situation.

We offer free shipping on orders totaling $49.95 or more.

So if you add a $49.95 item into your shopping cart and proceed to the checkout page, you'll have FREE SHIPPING available as a shipping option.

But now, let's say you use a 10% discount code to lower the price. The price will lower by 10% (bringing you UNDER the Free Shipping threshold), but you still have the option to ship it with Free Shipping.

Question - What configuration must I look at in order to have the checkout page remove Free Shipping if the price is lowered by a discount code? Is this even possible?

I did find a similar thread here (https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....en-freeoptions) but that seems to disallow any coupon to be used when free shipping is selected. However, in my case, I don't mind if a customer has both free shipping AND a coupon, as long as the subtotal (after coupon) is still above the free shipping threshold of $49.95.

I only want to disable free shipping if the subtotal drops below $49.95 due to a coupon being applied.

I am using BOOTSTRAP template and ZC 1.5.8a.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can Free Shipping be removed if coupon lowers total below threshold?

Well, it looks like this is just a limitation in the core installation. Closest thread I found dealing with this is here, and the solution appears to be something that would need to be coded into the install: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....oupon-applied/

I may try to fiddle with it myself but I was hoping there was already a built-in way for the cart to recalculate shipping options based on the new refreshed total after a coupon is applied.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can Free Shipping be removed if coupon lowers total below threshold?

Did you try changing the sort-order of ot_coupon to be less than that of ot_shipping? That way, the shipping charge would be determined after the coupon's calculations.

Plugin Contributions

> Closest thread I found dealing with this is here, and the solution appears to be something that would need to be coded into the install ...

Still same.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Did you try changing the sort-order of ot_coupon to be less than that of ot_shipping? That way, the shipping charge would be determined after the coupon's calculations.
    I was curious about this... Not sure if it works without, but the sort for OT doesn't work in OPC checkout.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.