Plugin Contributions

Default Blog in subdomain

The description of categories and products is insufficient for complex explanations and tutorials.
    So I was thinking on creating a blog in a subdomain an linking to it in the description page.
    Any suggestions on how to do this, or should I simply add a page? only one page might not suffice, some tutorials will be long and include images, maybe a link to video, a nivo slider, or an iframe with a video.
    Unfortunately, sheffield -blue template is no longer supported, it includes nivo.
    Your thoughts, please.
    Thank you,
    CK

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blog in subdomain

Again, the Docs are your friend. https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/ezpages/

They can be links on your categoris' descriptions or anywhere you need to point the customer to more information.

Far more likely they'll see that than in a blog.

Plugin Contributions

That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

I have a few blog style posts that I added to my site using EZPages, as I didn't think I would create enough content to justify installing a blog/cms in a sub directory. I also am very reluctant to install wordpress as I assume it is the primary target for most hacks, I often have the who's online page open for my store and can see randoms trying to access urls that don't exist, as they are attempting to open common wordpress files on zencart.

These articles can be linked into any product description or function as a standalone blog.

I used the blank sidebox plug to create a sidebox on the home page to link the most recent articles and when I make more I will create a separate EZPage to function as an index for all of the articles. In addition to the 'recent posts' most of the links on my Important Links sidebox also point to pages created using EZPages.

https://www.thegluepeople.co.uk/

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CunningStunt2 View Post
    I have a few blog style posts that I added to my site using EZPages, as I didn't think I would create enough content to justify installing a blog/cms in a sub directory. I also am very reluctant to install wordpress as I assume it is the primary target for most hacks, I often have the who's online page open for my store and can see randoms trying to access urls that don't exist, as they are attempting to open common wordpress files on zencart.

These articles can be linked into any product description or function as a standalone blog.

I used the blank sidebox plug to create a sidebox on the home page to link the most recent articles and when I make more I will create a separate EZPage to function as an index for all of the articles. In addition to the 'recent posts' most of the links on my Important Links sidebox also point to pages created using EZPages.

https://www.thegluepeople.co.uk/
    Thanks to all posters, very helpful.