Plugin Contributions

Default Admin moving very slow

Hello ,

This morning we noticed the admin moving extra slow to load ( missingcord.com). The page loads just fine. It was working fine yesterday. We have made no changes. Its taking almost 6 seconds just for the admin to load after login.

zencart 1.5.6
    php 7.4
    Dreamhost VPS
    Zencart 1.5.6c PHP 7.2 Order Replacement AC Adapters and Power Cords Online www.missingcord.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin moving very slow

We are experiencing the same problem (running latest zc 1.5.8a). Store front is fast, admin page is crawling.

My first thought was perhaps some kind of latency with the update server, so we turned off "Show if version update available", but that didn't resolve the issue. There are no error logs in the logs directory either.

I thought it was just our server but apparently this is happening to others. Hopefully someone else will confirm or verify here.

NOTE: I used the browser's INSPECT feature to see the Network tab, and the latency seems to happen right from the Admin page (and not from any js loaders or anything). Here is a screenshot of the latency from Admin page: http://postimg.cc/LggCDG7M
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

As soon as I posted above, now it seems to be working fast again. Anyone else confirm? Not sure what the issue was but this was affecting others (see related thread: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....com-Host-Error)
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

problem seems to have fixed itself after contacting dreamhost support. It was effecting another zencart install , so i guess this is on their end.
    Zencart 1.5.6c PHP 7.2 Order Replacement AC Adapters and Power Cords Online www.missingcord.com

Plugin Contributions

@Jeff_Mash

oh wow ! so that confirms it. It was on their end. we have been on the chat with support since i posted my first message. We thought they had did something with the php version or something.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, as was mentioned in the other similar thread, the Zen Cart 'ping' server was having 'issues'. There are a bunch of plugins, e.g. sitemapXML, that check for plugin updates on every admin page load. When the 'ping' server's down, that results in each page-load waiting to see a "not there" response from the server before continuing.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    When the 'ping' server's down, that results in each page-load waiting to see a "not there" response from the server before continuing.
    It may be prudent to update the process so that if a "not there" response is received it stops checking for x hours. This would prevent general admin slow down after the initial error until the next check time (assuming the error hasn't been resolved).
    Managing Director of https://jsweb.uk

Zen Cart developer since 2009

Plugin Contributions

I made a new database and import old database and now its working fast, its something to do with mysql

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soki View Post
    I made a new database and import old database and now its working fast, its something to do with mysql
    sorry it was a bot attack finally

I edit the .htaccess file and block the bot and now admin load fasts