I couldn't find enough detailed documentation for the Shop by Brands page in 1.5.8 between the docs and here on the forum. I see that the link can be added to the information box and I finally figured it out. For one thing I didn't realize the extent of the text change from brands to manufacturers. So I'm posting this in case someone else needs this info. Part of my issue was the default 158 with the responsive template shows the link but the change is not made in the overrides file. So there must be another way this can be done as well and I can't see how. I guess I really don't need to know how but I did look at the files and saw that file change had not been made, assumed the info box didn't show it and spent quite a while puzzling over all of this. I didn't realize until way late in the game that the brands link was showing in the info box.

So details for the new brands:

In order to get the brands page to show, you can just post a link to the page url - your website/index.php?main_page=brands. Brands not manufacturers (duh, my poor brain!) using ez pages. (I didn't have the info box turned on in my template so that is why I was looking at the default - to get the url)

If you have the information box showing, you have to activate the brands link by activating the flag to true in a file located in the includes/extra_datafiles. The file is orginally named dist-site_specific_overrides.php. The recommendation of changing that filename is only to make sure it's not overwritten by an upgrade. (if I've missed something else here, someone correct me). This is in docs at https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/custo...ific_overrides.

On line 31 change this // $flag_show_brand_sidebox_link = false; to this $flag_show_brand_sidebox_link = true;

There's a new sidebox as well showing all the brands as well. It has no dropdown, just a list. The dropdown sidebox for manufacturers is still there has it has been but without the brands designation only as manufacturers.