Plugin Contributions

help question PayPal Express module versus PayPal Payments Standard module

Have happily been using PayPal Express for many years. Recently had a call and follow-up email from PayPal advising:

"As discussed, you have an older version of our PayPal checkout on your website. This is depreciated, and you may find some transactions may start to fall off or fail.

This is what you have currently, which redirects customers away from your page to pay.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paypal_express_current.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	20355Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paypal_express_current.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	20355

You would need to migrate to our latest solution called, Standard Payments, see integration guide here, with this free upgrade customers can speed through the checkout on your website, pay with debit/credit card, PayPal and PayPal buy now pay later (pay in 3).

It would look like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paypal_standard_proposed.png 
Views:	323 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	20356

She attached a comprehensive guide with screenshots on how to install the PayPal Standards Payment module in ZenCart.

It is true that I have experienced increasing number of failed PayPal payments.

When I go to install the PayPal Standards Payment module I get this error message: " NOTE: PayPal Express Checkout module already installed. You don't need Standard if you have Express installed. " and I am taken to the PayPal Express Checkout settings.

If I de-activate the PayPal Express Checkout module and try and install the Standards Payment module I still get the above error message.

Do I uninstall the PayPal Express module? Have any of you changed from Express to Standard for this reason? Any advice please?
    Ruth

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express module versus PayPal Payments Standard module

Unfortunately, the PayPal payment modules are in need (as you were advised by PayPal) of updating to use the now-current PayPal interface. In the interim, your best choice, IMO, is to stay with the PayPal Express Checkout version as it has fewer known issues than the PayPal Standard version.