Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Stylesheet Colors Change Not Applied To Tablet

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to v.1.5.8 and am using the default template. I have made changes to the Nav Breadcrumb by changing the charcoal band to a white (in stylesheet_colors) and they have applied perfectly to my site viewing it on desktop and on my Android phone.

I received an email from a friend this morning that this change does not show on her iPad and the Nav Breadcrumb area still shows the band as charcoal. Had her clear her cache and still shows this way.

I have looked at the responsive_tablet stylesheet but cannot seem to find the code to make this change....and truly not sure if this would make this change.

Could someone point me in the right direction to make this change??

Thanks in advance for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stylesheet Colors Change Not Applied To Tablet

I have also taken a look using the inspection tool on Firefox and see that in the responsive mode it takes my footer and places it up on a Right column beside my product as shown in this image.Name:  Responsive Tablet.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  53.7 KB

Any thoughts on why it would be doing this in tablet but showing correctly in desktop??

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

On your desktop, try loading the desired page(s) with the following additional url parameter:
    &layoutType=tablet

That will force the associated mobile template files to be loaded. May still need to adjust the window size to get the desired layout affect, but at least the applicable css files will be incorporated.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks mc12345678 for this! I will give this a go and comment back....

Plugin Contributions

Hi mc12345678,

I think what is happening is not related to changes needed to the stylesheet, but how the tablet display is functioning. When I look at my site in a tablet display, it it taking my footer and placing it in a right hand column, which is also showing the large bands of charcoal and light grey which span the site width.

Can you tell me why it is displaying my footer in this manner, when the desktop and phone work showing the footer at the end (bottom) of the page??

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by NWCE View Post
    Hi mc12345678,

I think what is happening is not related to changes needed to the stylesheet, but how the tablet display is functioning. When I look at my site in a tablet display, it it taking my footer and placing it in a right hand column, which is also showing the large bands of charcoal and light grey which span the site width.

Can you tell me why it is displaying my footer in this manner, when the desktop and phone work showing the footer at the end (bottom) of the page??

Thanks again!
    FWIW, in Firefox and experimenting with various mobile/tablet layouts I don't see anything wrong with your footer - it displays as it should.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply Simon1066! I am also using Firefox and the display (when adding the &layoutType=tablet to the end of a product page) shows as in the image I included in post #2. Have tried refreshing, etc. to insure it isn't cached somehow....still showing the footer as if it was a right side column. Would it have anything to do with screen size, so my display would be different as it would be displaying as 100%, which would be different for different screen sizes???

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by NWCE View Post
    Thanks for your reply Simon1066! I am also using Firefox and the display (when adding the &layoutType=tablet to the end of a product page) shows as in the image I included in post #2. Have tried refreshing, etc. to insure it isn't cached somehow....still showing the footer as if it was a right side column. Would it have anything to do with screen size, so my display would be different as it would be displaying as 100%, which would be different for different screen sizes???
    I have now been able to reproduce what you're seeing. Alas, I don't have an answer to hand. The footer shifts when simply resizing the window on a desktop PC, with or without "&layoutType=tablet" appended and without inspecting the tablet view in dev tools.

I think that a more knowledgeable person than me will need to see a link to the site (I was prepared to deduce it from your screenshot). Late for me here - so I'm away.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

For further understanding, when said recently upgraded to 1.5.8, is that to the base version of 1.5.8, 1.5.8a, or whatever changes had been made to that version after the release of 1.5.8a?

I don't want to go evaluate an updated base site to find that the issue had been addressed in a yet applied version. I also know that I haven't deeply inspected the main page rearrangement of 1.5.8; however, historically the footer often was made in some way different on non desktops though not usually to become a side box.

As far as the issue occurring on a tablet itself, any indication of whether the issue occurs in portrait or landscape view? Both?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your continued reply mc12345678 and sorry for the delay in response as I had to wait on my friend on the portrait and landscape question as I don't own an iPad.

I am using v.,1.5.8, not the newest v.1.5.8.a on my site, and according to my friend, this problem of the footer display is both in landscape and portrait views.

I hope that this info helps to further diagnose why the footer is displaying this way on tablets.

Thanks again!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast