Plugin Contributions

Default Qty box per attribute?

Hi Guys and Gals

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to have a quantity box next to each attribute instead of just one qty box after the attributes section??

I am working on a site that is used for trade customers to quickly place orders and we would like to make the process as streamlined as possible to make things easy for the customer, currently I have a lot of products which have attributes for variations in pack sizes and colours, etc and my attributes section appears like this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attribute qty.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	20404

What I would like to do if it is possible is have a quantity box next to each attribute so the customer can quickly select how many of each attribute to add to cart.

The site in question is using ZC 1.5.6c

Thanks

Jon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Qty box per attribute?

Quote Originally Posted by CunningStunt2 View Post
    Hi Guys and Gals

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to have a quantity box next to each attribute instead of just one qty box after the attributes section??

I am working on a site that is used for trade customers to quickly place orders and we would like to make the process as streamlined as possible to make things easy for the customer, currently I have a lot of products which have attributes for variations in pack sizes and colours, etc and my attributes section appears like this

Name:	attribute qty.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	20404

What I would like to do if it is possible is have a quantity box next to each attribute so the customer can quickly select how many of each attribute to add to cart.

The site in question is using ZC 1.5.6c

Thanks

Jon
    There is no plugin that I am aware of for this. Maybe a stock by attribute mod? Lat has one I believe
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

I'm not aware of anything for Zen Cart 1.5.6.

Plugin Contributions

I haven't fiddled with it in quite a while, but the program product attributes grid supports what it is I believe you seek: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=618

I haven't seen requests to update it, though would say that most likely in more recent zencart versions there would be no edited edited file other than the css file.

Interfaces with stock by attributes (free version).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I might have to do a little tweaking with the layout, but yes, that seems to be exactly what I was looking for.
    Thank you so much.

Name:	attribute qty2.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	20405

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CunningStunt2 View Post
    I might have to do a little tweaking with the layout, but yes, that seems to be exactly what I was looking for.
    Thank you so much.

Name:	attribute qty2.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	20405
    Good to know. BTW, I took a look at the attributes.php file in that package and it appears to me that there are no changes made specific to the module. The included changes appear to only be associated with stock by attributes.

Understanding that using zencart v1.5.6, if not using Stock By Attributes, then could use the default attributes.php file instead of the one modified here.

As of ZC 1.5.7, there is no longer an attributes.php modification needed as the combination of the "core" file and how Stock By Attributes has been written doesn't require a modification of the file.

Also, I'm not (yet) 100% sure how php 8.x compatible the other code is, but in most cases I use very little "unusual" code. Complex maybe but I believe I've stuck to standards.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...