Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Product Search Feeder II [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Actually, what I've done hasn't worked as it adds the '666' to all products. Back to the drawing board.
    Right, you'd need to check the incoming $products_id value and possibly the $product/$categories_list/$cPath arrays to see if the current product 'qualifies' for the change.

For what I think you're trying to do:
    PHP Code:
    public function getProductsAttributes(string $products_id, array $product, array $categories_list, array $cPath, array $custom_fields): array 
        {
            if (!
    in_array(66$cPath)) {
                return [];
            }

$extension_custom_fields = ['product_type' => '666',]; 

return 
    $extension_custom_fields
        } 
    That checks to see if categories-id 66 is present in the current product's category-tree, returning the 'product_type' override if so; otherwise, no override is supplied.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Right, you'd need to check the incoming $products_id value and possibly the $product/$categories_list/$cPath arrays to see if the current product 'qualifies' for the change.

For what I think you're trying to do:
    PHP Code:
    public function getProductsAttributes(string $products_id, array $product, array $categories_list, array $cPath, array $custom_fields): array 
        {
            if (!
    in_array(66$cPath)) {
                return [];
            }

$extension_custom_fields = ['product_type' => '666',]; 

return 
    $extension_custom_fields
        } 
    That checks to see if categories-id 66 is present in the current product's category-tree, returning the 'product_type' override if so; otherwise, no override is supplied.
    That's great, thanks so much for the pointer/correction.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

At this point, the gpsfFeedGenerator class doesn't acknowledge an override for the product_type, using either a fixed value or a selection from the product's master-category's name 'tree'. I've created a change-request (https://github.com/lat9/gpsf/issues/11) on the GPSF GitHub repository.
    Understood.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Cindy - Excited to try this one out! I just put it on our site but I'm seeing the following debug error on ALL the products:

Code:
    Array
    (
        [20361] => # SELFIE by Simon R. Stefan & Alex Pandrea - Trick: title cannot be empty
        [25185] => #Augmented (Gimmick and Online Instructions) by Luca Volpe and Renato Cotini - Trick: title cannot be empty
        [21745] => #How by Magic from Holland and Ferry de Riemer - Trick: title cannot be empty
        [35629] => $1.00 Prop Bill (1 bill/$1.00 value) - Realistic Fake Money: title cannot be empty
        [35623] => $10.00 Prop Bill (1 bill/$10.00 value) - Realistic Fake Money: title cannot be empty
        [24025] => $100 bill Silk 36 inch by Magic by Gosh - Trick: title cannot be empty
        [12237] => $100 Bill Switch - Booklet + Gimmick by Royal Magic: title cannot be empty
    Any idea what I should be looking at to resolve this?
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Mash View Post
    Cindy - Excited to try this one out! I just put it on our site but I'm seeing the following debug error on ALL the products:

Code:
    Array
    (
        [20361] => # SELFIE by Simon R. Stefan & Alex Pandrea - Trick: title cannot be empty
        [25185] => #Augmented (Gimmick and Online Instructions) by Luca Volpe and Renato Cotini - Trick: title cannot be empty
        [21745] => #How by Magic from Holland and Ferry de Riemer - Trick: title cannot be empty
        [35629] => $1.00 Prop Bill (1 bill/$1.00 value) - Realistic Fake Money: title cannot be empty
        [35623] => $10.00 Prop Bill (1 bill/$10.00 value) - Realistic Fake Money: title cannot be empty
        [24025] => $100 bill Silk 36 inch by Magic by Gosh - Trick: title cannot be empty
        [12237] => $100 Bill Switch - Booklet + Gimmick by Royal Magic: title cannot be empty
    Any idea what I should be looking at to resolve this?
    Are you using products' meta-tag titles as the g:title? The value's either a product's name (which, for above isn't empty) or the metatags_title.

I might see the issue, darn it. /includes/classes/gpsfFeedGenerator.php, line 280, change from

if (GPSF_META_TITLE === 'true' && $product['metatags_title'] !== '') {

to

if (GPSF_META_TITLE === 'true' && !empty($product['metatags_title'])) {

... and let me know if that corrects the issue. That darn metatags_title can be null.

Plugin Contributions

Are you using products' meta-tag titles as the g:title? The value's either a product's name (which, for above isn't empty) or the metatags_title.

I might see the issue, darn it. /includes/classes/gpsfFeedGenerator.php, line 280, change from

if (GPSF_META_TITLE === 'true' && $product['metatags_title'] !== '') {

to

if (GPSF_META_TITLE === 'true' && !empty($product['metatags_title'])) {

... and let me know if that corrects the issue. That darn metatags_title can be null.
    BINGO! That fixed the issue!
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Mash View Post
    BINGO! That fixed the issue!
    Thanks for the validation; I'll get a GitHub issue logged.

GitHub issue: https://github.com/lat9/gpsf/issues/12
    Last edited by lat9; 21 Nov 2023 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Add GitHub issue

Plugin Contributions

At this point, the gpsfFeedGenerator class doesn't acknowledge an override for the product_type, using either a fixed value or a selection from the product's master-category's name 'tree'. I've created a change-request (https://github.com/lat9/gpsf/issues/11) on the GPSF GitHub repository.
    Your code examples were a great help in enabling me to set up category changes, brand addition and title changes through the use of extensions. However, I jumped the gun a bit in that I didn't fully understand the workings of Google Merchant Center before posting. I now cannot see a need to manipulate the product_type so don't spend time on the Github change, on my account.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

hey guys, super happy to have found this module after realising mine is almost ready to fail me completely. Thankyou lat9 for updating this :)

I've just downloaded the zip file and wanted to quickly ask if there is anything that needed updating before i proceed? I assume the github version has been updated to resolve the few issues identified in the thread already?

Plugin Contributions

Other than the meta-tags' title issue; all others are included in the v1.0.0 version.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast