Plugin Contributions

Default How to remove Credit Card as payment method

Using: v1.5.6c
    Payment methods active:
    PayPal Payments Pro (USA) (Debug)
    PayPal Express Checkout (Debug)
    Check/Money Order

How can I remove reference to Credit Card on payment checkout process as we claim having no record of cards and we do not accept cards.

We only use paypal and check or money order for payment.

I can not find anywhere to add a text explanation if the method can not be removed.

I did not realize the form was even there actually.

Using paypal only should I use both the paypal apps I listed or just one?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to remove Credit Card as payment method

PayPal Payments Pro is used for accepting credit cards onsite. If you don't use it, go to admin->Modules->Payment and simply remove the Pro module. You want only PayPal Express installed.

Plugin Contributions

Also, you might want to come up to 1.5.8a if you are relying on PayPal. There have beren a LOT of changes since 1.5.6c. Most problematic of all is that most servers/hosts are dropping PHP 7.4 and 1.5.6c is designed for PHP 7.3. Your database could start throwing errors as well. 1.5.8a works with a higher database version as well.

Not trying to throw scare tactics at you but, the longer you wait, the more difficult you may find your upgrade to be. In your case, I would recommend starting at https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/upgra...ation-optional

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Also, you might want to come up to 1.5.8a if you are relying on PayPal. There have beren a LOT of changes since 1.5.6c. Most problematic of all is that most servers/hosts are dropping PHP 7.4 and 1.5.6c is designed for PHP 7.3. Your database could start throwing errors as well. 1.5.8a works with a higher database version as well.

Not trying to throw scare tactics at you but, the longer you wait, the more difficult you may find your upgrade to be. In your case, I would recommend starting at https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/upgra...ation-optional
    I downloaded the 1.5.8a to server 2 times.

Each time I never saw anything like the option to upgrade database from 1.5.6c to new version and the admin area says that it needs upgrading and I can find no sql upgrade thing in any of the support documents.
    The upgrade removed a lot of data like customers, products, orders etc.

I did have to upgrade php to 7.4 but I didn't go higher as I had to lower it last month or so ago as it caused another program I have on same server to quit working but I cannot remember how high the host raised the php to cause the problem.
    The upgrade did say 7.4 "would work"

I basically replace the database after the first load and site worked except attributes were causing problems. But at that point not being able to upgrade the database, I downloaded again as I think I basically had a 156c database running on 158a files.

I tried to reinstall the zeninstall page but again no mention of a way to just upgrade the old database like the guides tell me or rather show pictures of.

I re-copied the original live database and the second upgrade attempt once again deleted a load of old stored data.

Also if the database is so different, will I actually lose all order and customer and product information as the upgrade did remove all that data and left a bare bone database.?

Plugin Contributions

You may have missed the part about replacing the new DB with the old and doing an update.

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/upgra...orary-database

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    You may have missed the part about replacing the new DB with the old and doing an update.

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/upgra...orary-database
    On page 16 of the Zen Cart[R] Documentation Implementation Guide for zen Cart [R] Version 1.5.8............ I received an error about PHP version. I fixed that by upgrading php to 8.0
    I then got warning about Gzip.........
    "
    Some Issues:
    The GZip Extension in PHP is not enabled
    [ NOTE: This may not be relevant if you are using Nginx and handling GZip within Nginx. ]

AND A 'CONTINUE" BUTTON........ NOT THE DESIRED "CLEAN INSTALL" OR "UPGRADE" BUTTONS

I contacted my server and they stated that Gzip was enabled in my version of PHP 7.4 but not in PHP 8.0. (I tried this using PHP 7.4 on my first try and the database option did not show up either.)

They are working on this now but as stated I never was given the page that showed choice between Clean Install and Upgrade. All I get through the whole process is "Continue"...... Which removes most data from old database.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	20440
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	20441

I am waiting on server to fix Gzip in 8.0 and praying that when I get change server back to 7.4 when I am not working on new storefront that Gzip will work in 7.4 and again when I get new storefront fixed in php8.0 without having to get server support again.

I APOLOGIZE FOR POSTING THIS HERE BUT YOU WERE ANSWERING AND i WAS HOPING YOU COULD MOVE THIS POST TO A PROPER THREAD AS IT SEEMS TO BE A RELEVANT PROBLEM.
    Last edited by Mike Harmon; 6 Dec 2023 at 06:32 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for reply. I deleted it as suggested