Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Admin login not working

Hi People,

My admin logon randomly started saying insecure on chrome browser and an endless loop of not being able to login.

I have gone through the configure.php filed and corrected the SSL links so now i get no warnings except i still cannot login.

After editing the configure files, i clock login and the little icon in the corner thinking about it for a few seconds and gives me back the login page again!

I can send an admin reset passwrod email, i can receive the email. Login with it which gives me the prompt to set a new one which it then wont allow me to do now.

The site has been working find until the last three days. I havent upgraded, changed any settings etc.

my domain is chgclassics.co.uk and i am unsure which zencart version as i cant login to check

The site according to the whynopadlock is fine. Really confused with this one now!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin login not working

Your site is not accessible with a message saying your DNS can't be found.
    It sounds like a DNS server problem.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pilou2 View Post
    Your site is not accessible with a message saying your DNS can't be found.
    It sounds like a DNS server problem.
    ???

Code:
    charmes: # ping chgclassics.co.uk
    PING chgclassics.co.uk (185.65.237.151) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from nomad.xssl.net (185.65.237.151): icmp_seq=1 ttl=43 time=172 ms
    64 bytes from nomad.xssl.net (185.65.237.151): icmp_seq=2 ttl=43 time=147 ms
    64 bytes from nomad.xssl.net (185.65.237.151): icmp_seq=3 ttl=43 time=201 ms
    64 bytes from nomad.xssl.net (185.65.237.151): icmp_seq=4 ttl=43 time=347 ms
    64 bytes from nomad.xssl.net (185.65.237.151): icmp_seq=5 ttl=43 time=161 ms
    64 bytes from nomad.xssl.net (185.65.237.151): icmp_seq=6 ttl=43 time=189 ms
    ^C
    --- chgclassics.co.uk ping statistics ---
    6 packets transmitted, 6 received, 0% packet loss, time 5005ms
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Some things to do ... check

- Check your database for a lockout (https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...umbling-blocks)
    - Clear your browser cache & temp files, clear any saved password in a password keeper... reboot your modem if necessary
    - Check that you have not previously made an advanced request for the website (https://support.google.com/chrome/an...form%3DDesktop)
    - Try another browser
    - Make certain the new password is unique from the recent previous passwords

Just a note to make sure any browser you are using is up to date because your Let's Encrypt SSL has no throwback for TLS 1.0 & 1.1. This is as it should be, but if your browser or OS is out of date you may not be TLS 1.2 ready.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

I've just signed in to ask this same exact question, conveniently, but I'm not sure the answer given works for me, since this is a new installation of the site, and the automatically generated password doesn't work. Neither does the one I get from the password reset email. This is on a subdomain of a site I've been using for a while, so all the DNS and SSL settings have been set up, and caused no issue previously, I don't see why they would suddenly stop working on just this software. Any thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kitutal View Post
    I've just signed in to ask this same exact question, conveniently, but I'm not sure the answer given works for me, since this is a new installation of the site, and the automatically generated password doesn't work. Neither does the one I get from the password reset email. This is on a subdomain of a site I've been using for a while, so all the DNS and SSL settings have been set up, and caused no issue previously, I don't see why they would suddenly stop working on just this software. Any thoughts?
    Yep, this is still for you =)

Some things to do ... check

- Check your database for a lockout (https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...umbling-blocks)
    - Clear your browser cache & temp files, clear any saved password in a password keeper... reboot your modem if necessary
    - Check that you have not previously made an advanced request for the website (https://support.google.com/chrome/an...form%3DDesktop)
    - Try another browser
    - Make certain the new password is unique from the recent previous passwords

Just a note to make sure any browser you are using is up to date because your Let's Encrypt SSL has no throwback for TLS 1.0 & 1.1. This is as it should be, but if your browser or OS is out of date you may not be TLS 1.2 ready.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Greetings!

I'm a small business owner and new to working on websites for my business. My company is Cedar Grove Herbs. I have a main store on www.cedargrovehersb.com but I recently had someone install a new theme for me to work on/customized to replace my main store. The new theme is installed in subdirectory - www.cedargroveherbs.com/new.

I've been working on installing Easy Populate 4.0.36.ZC on my new zencart v.1.5.8 website. I have it on my main store and since I have so many products I want to be able to add them to my new site quickly; however I ran into a problem, I'm not quite sure what it is. When I clicked on easy populate in my tools on my admin I received a 404 error and then after clearing my cache on my website, my admin login page and admin page looked like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-06 164919.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	20494Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-06 164904.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	20495

I'm hoping someone can help me get my admin log in page and admin page back to looking normal. I deleted the easypop files I added (nothing was overwritten) and I put back the .htaccess files that were there previously. Do I need to restore the admin/login page? Which file if so - as I do have my backup files made before any attempt at installation.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Fenomenal7 View Post
    Greetings!

I'm a small business owner and new to working on websites for my business. My company is Cedar Grove Herbs. I have a main store on www.cedargrovehersb.com but I recently had someone install a new theme for me to work on/customized to replace my main store. The new theme is installed in subdirectory - www.cedargroveherbs.com/new.

I've been working on installing Easy Populate 4.0.36.ZC on my new zencart v.1.5.8 website. I have it on my main store and since I have so many products I want to be able to add them to my new site quickly; however I ran into a problem, I'm not quite sure what it is. When I clicked on easy populate in my tools on my admin I received a 404 error and then after clearing my cache on my website, my admin login page and admin page looked like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-06 164919.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	20494Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-06 164904.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	20495

I'm hoping someone can help me get my admin log in page and admin page back to looking normal. I deleted the easypop files I added (nothing was overwritten) and I put back the .htaccess files that were there previously. Do I need to restore the admin/login page? Which file if so - as I do have my backup files made before any attempt at installation.
    your admin css files are not being loaded. there were a bunch of changes between v157 and v158.

i would compare the files in:

YOUR_ADMIN/includes/css/

to these files:

https://github.com/zencart/zencart/t...n/includes/css

and then compare the files here:

YOUR_ADMIN/includes/*.css

to any css files you see here:

https://github.com/zencart/zencart/t...admin/includes

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

I started out with v158 so I don't think that's the problem...
    Last edited by Fenomenal7; 9 Mar 2024 at 07:06 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    your admin css files are not being loaded. there were a bunch of changes between v157 and v158.

i would compare the files in:

YOUR_ADMIN/includes/css/

to these files:

https://github.com/zencart/zencart/t...n/includes/css

and then compare the files here:

YOUR_ADMIN/includes/*.css

to any css files you see here:

https://github.com/zencart/zencart/t...admin/includes

best.
    I started out with v158 so I don't think v157 has anything to do with it but as far as admin css files not being loaded, sounds about right. I don't know how to fix it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast