Plugin Contributions

Default CEON URI issue Forbidden 403

Zc version 1.5.6

I am currently facing issue with my site when using CEON URI Mapping.

When trying to add a product to the cart, I am getting a Forbidden 403 error instead of the shopping cart page.

The url becomes as an example
    /valentines-day/12-red-roses-one-dozen-red-roses-bouquet?cPath=111&number_of_uploads=0&action=add_product
    instead of

com/index.php?main_page=shopping_cart
    I double check the setting / configuration of CEON and all test pass. Switching templates gave the same results

No logs are being generated which is not helping me much.

Any suggestions on how to fix this please?

Thank you
    Last edited by nicksab; 5 Jan 2024 at 12:48 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CEON URI issue Forbidden 403

The link shown as displayed is what is pushed to the browser to actually cause the product to be added to the cart. What I see is that the product is a linked product that is being added, but the addition does not complete and that is why our where the process stops and the cart doesn't get displayed.

Have you tried temporarily disabling the plug in, navigated to the product using the standard process and adding the product to the cart to see what happens? Does it happen only with that product or all product (maybe a different question is does this issue not occur on any product)?

There are some other potential temporary solutions to try based on some other configuration settings. For example, do product get added to the cart if the customer is not directed to the shopping cart after adding product?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    The link shown as displayed is what is pushed to the browser to actually cause the product to be added to the cart. What I see is that the product is a linked product that is being added, but the addition does not complete and that is why our where the process stops and the cart doesn't get displayed.
    Have you tried temporarily disabling the plug in, navigated to the product using the standard process and adding the product to the cart to see what happens? Does it happen only with that product or all product (maybe a different question is does this issue not occur on any product)?
    When the plugin is disabled, the cart/website works as intended and customer are able to checkout without issues.

There are some other potential temporary solutions to try based on some other configuration settings. For example, do product get added to the cart if the customer is not directed to the shopping cart after adding product?
    Customer are usually directed to the shopping after the added to the cart.

Most of the process is standard, meaning they see a product on product listing. Click buy (aka more info since product have attributes) then they add the product to cart from the product listing.

After that it is the shopping cart where they either checkout or continue shopping.

What can i try to diagnose or temporarily fix the issue?

i do like the whole CEON URL look as a seo standpoint and easy to link to

Thank you for your help

Plugin Contributions

When did this issue begin? Was this a new install of the plugin or had it fully been working and this issue began? What's changed since it was last seen to work as expected? Php version? Plugin version? Site upgrade history? Other plug-ins? Change made to your .htaccess file? Does it match or closely approximate what the plug in suggests in the installation check?

Basically information is needed because report that no errors are being logged and the software is not known to have that issue on a zen cart 1.5.6 properly installed and running within the design environment.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    When did this issue begin? Was this a new install of the plugin or had it fully been working and this issue began? What's changed since it was last seen to work as expected? Php version? Plugin version? Site upgrade history? Other plug-ins? Change made to your .htaccess file? Does it match or closely approximate what the plug in suggests in the installation check?

Basically information is needed because report that no errors are being logged and the software is not known to have that issue on a zen cart 1.5.6 properly installed and running within the design environment.
    I don' t recall any changes on the site files.

the only thing that comes to mind is the Php version of the site. It was updated from 5.6 to 7.3.33

I have 3 sites that are basically "clones" except for the cosmetic changes.

My 4th site (more up to date) runs on ZC 1.5.7 with bootstrap has no issue.

CEON URI Version is 5.0.1

.htaccess files contains the suggested code from the plug-in

All sites are hosted don the same server.

i will try to downgrade the PHP version and see if that s "fix" the issue.