Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal RESTful API Payment Module

Hello. I'm between a bit of a rock and a hard place. I'm still on 1.5.7D (I know), which this module does not support. It also looks like PayPal is no longer accepting signups for Website Payments Pro so I can't use that module. Express works fine for PayPal, but I want to also use PayPal for credit card transactions. Do I have any viable options short of an upgrade? Would the old Payments Standard work? Could I convert the lang file back to the old format and get the new mod to work in 1.5.7? I figured I'd explore these options before looking at something else like Square.
    Thanks much.
    J.J. Meddaugh
    http://www.atguys.com

Plugin Contributions

Unless told to do so, PayPal will try to get folks to open an account by "hiding" the option for credit card use after so many times the card is used on their system without an actual PayPal account.

If you have the right PayPal account, you can use the steps at https://myzencarthost.com/index.php?...d-Setting.html to setup PayPal Express to always present the credit card option.

I would still go with some other form of credit card processing simply to have a backup if one is down. You never know when one might go down. Square was inop for several hours not too long ago. Twitter was down for 43 minutes this morning and T-Mobile for 39.

neat link - https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
    Thank you. Log on its way.
    I can see from the log that the card failed the CVV check. The customer probably mis-typed it. Despite having an account, they had checked out as a guest using OPC.
    I'm not seeing receipt of that log, nor am I able to reproduce on PayPal's sandbox.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I'm not seeing receipt of that log, nor am I able to reproduce on PayPal's sandbox.
    I've just had another one this evening. I'll PM for your e-mail address in case I got it wrong last time.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789