Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default PHP Fatal error: Undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_MERCHANT_COUNTRY

Zencart 1.5.8a - PHP 8.2 - No Plugins - Fresh install w/upgraded DB

Hello, I am getting this error with a fresh install and upgraded database.

Code:
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Undefined constant "MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_MERCHANT_COUNTRY"

/home/dev/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php:264
    Because of the error the payment modules page only loads halfway, stops right after Paypal Payments Standard. It also affects the orders-edit page with just a white screen.

Any seen this before?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP Fatal error: Undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_MERCHANT_COUNTRY

Quote Originally Posted by djdavedawson View Post
    Zencart 1.5.8a - PHP 8.2 - No Plugins - Fresh install w/upgraded DB

Hello, I am getting this error with a fresh install and upgraded database.

Code:
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Undefined constant "MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_MERCHANT_COUNTRY"

/home/dev/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php:264
    Because of the error the payment modules page only loads halfway, stops right after Paypal Payments Standard. It also affects the orders-edit page with just a white screen.

Any seen this before?

Thanks
    Have you set your country in

Configuration >> My Store > Country

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP Fatal error: Undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_MERCHANT_COUNTRY

Go to Admin > Modules > Payment and click on the PayPal you have installed. This will fix your installation.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Go to Admin > Modules > Payment and click on the PayPal you have installed. This will fix your installation.
    Unfortunately, it won't. Apparently the previous database has paypaldp enabled, but that version didn't have the MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_MERCHANT_COUNTRY setting defined.

That setting's added in the module's check method, but the processing doesn't get that far due to the PHP Fatal error due to the constant not being defined.

Noting that another issue is that the setting is either USA, UK or Canada, but various comparisons in the module check for US instead of USA.

Plugin Contributions

So uninstall/reinstall?
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    So uninstall/reinstall?
    And lose all the configuration setting from the previous install (that you can't view due to that fatal error)?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Unfortunately, it won't. Apparently the previous database has paypaldp enabled, but that version didn't have the MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_MERCHANT_COUNTRY setting defined.

That setting's added in the module's check method, but the processing doesn't get that far due to the PHP Fatal error due to the constant not being defined.

Noting that another issue is that the setting is either USA, UK or Canada, but various comparisons in the module check for US instead of USA.
    Should line 264
    Code:
            if ( ((MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_MERCHANT_COUNTRY == 'US' || MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_MERCHANT_COUNTRY == 'Canada') && (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_APISIGNATURE == '' || MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_APIUSERNAME == '' || MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_APIPASSWORD == ''))
    be
    Code:
            if ( ((MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_MERCHANT_COUNTRY == 'UK' || MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_MERCHANT_COUNTRY == 'Canada') && (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_APISIGNATURE == '' || MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_APIUSERNAME == '' || MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_APIPASSWORD == ''))

Plugin Contributions

Ok so I tried updating line 264 like this.
    Code:
    if ( ((MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_MERCHANT_COUNTRY == 'USA' || MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_MERCHANT_COUNTRY == 'Canada') && (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_APISIGNATURE == '' || MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_APIUSERNAME == '' || MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_APIPASSWORD == ''))
    Unfortunately, this did not work for my case.

However, I added this right above line 264

HTML Code:
    define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_MERCHANT_COUNTRY','US');
    This allowed the payment module page to load completely. Once loaded I

*Took screen-shots of all the settings.
    *Clicked Remove Module
    *Clicked Install Module
    *Entered my settings
    *Then removed my define
    HTML Code:
    define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_MERCHANT_COUNTRY','US');
    This process added the correct entries to the db.

So far everything seems to be loading correctly.
    Last edited by djdavedawson; 18 Jan 2024 at 02:45 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Smart! That was an excellent way to work-around the issue! Don't forget to remove that define statement now that the configuration setting is (er) set.

Note to self, read the whole post before you reply!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The patch which is going into v2.0.0, and can safely be applied to v1.5.8 is: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/6144/files

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast