Plugin Contributions

Default Better way to format currencies

This is in regards to the FraudLabsPro contribution.

Currently, the plugin pulls the raw number from the Orders table to fill in the "amount" field of the API call to FraudLabsPro server for processing. I've changed it from just pulling the value to the following:

Code:
    $check_status = $db->Execute('select * FROM ' . TABLE_ORDERS . ' o LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_CURRENCIES . ' c ON o.currency = c.code WHERE o.orders_id = ' . (int) $oID);

$response = fetch('https://api.fraudlabspro.com/v2/order/screen', [
    'amount'          => round($check_status->fields['order_total'], $check_status->fields['decimal_places']), 
    ];
    So far this does the job, but I feel there might be a better way to format and round the numerical portion of the currency. (The 'amount' field according to the API of Fraudlabspro only accepts numerical data. So I can't pull from, say, the orders_total table and present the ['text'] portion of that table.)

I tried to read through the ZenCart functions but couldn't figure out a better/easier way that reinventing the wheel per se.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Better way to format currencies

Quote Originally Posted by retched View Post
    This is in regards to the FraudLabsPro contribution.

Currently, the plugin pulls the raw number from the Orders table to fill in the "amount" field of the API call to FraudLabsPro server for processing. I've changed it from just pulling the value to the following:

Code:
    $check_status = $db->Execute('select * FROM ' . TABLE_ORDERS . ' o LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_CURRENCIES . ' c ON o.currency = c.code WHERE o.orders_id = ' . (int) $oID);

$response = fetch('https://api.fraudlabspro.com/v2/order/screen', [
    'amount'          => round($check_status->fields['order_total'], $check_status->fields['decimal_places']), 
    ];
    So far this does the job, but I feel there might be a better way to format and round the numerical portion of the currency. (The 'amount' field according to the API of Fraudlabspro only accepts numerical data. So I can't pull from, say, the orders_total table and present the ['text'] portion of that table.)

I tried to read through the ZenCart functions but couldn't figure out a better/easier way that reinventing the wheel per se.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    While not in the 'official' Zen Cart docs/functions, here's how I 'feed' currency values to PayPal (adapted for your usage):
    Code:
        'amount' => number_format((float)$check_status->fields['order_total'], (int)$check_status->fields['decimal_places'], '.', ''),