Plugin Contributions

Default Bots not respecting uppercase characters

ZC v1.5.8a
    PHP 8.0 & 8.1
    IH5 v5.3.4
    Zen Colorbox v2.1.3

I have bots - mostly from Microsoft but also others - that are not respecting the capitalisation in 'pID' within the <noscript> ...</noscript> of additional images, thereby creating log PHP warnings.

The <noscript> link generated by ZC is
    Code:
    https://MY_DOMAIN/index.php?main_page=popup_image_additional&amp;pID=303&amp;pic=2&amp;products_image_large_additional=images/classes/class_1.jpg
    However, you can see in the log file entry below that the link being crawled is
    Code:
    /index.php?main_page=popup_image_additional&pid=303&pic=2&products_image_large_additional=images/classes/class_1.jpg
    Code:
    [13-Feb-2024 00:03:11 Europe/London] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=popup_image_additional&pid=303&pic=2&products_image_large_additional=images/classes/class_1.jpg, IP address: 40.77.167.132, Language id 1
    #1  require(/home/MY_DOMAIN/public_html/includes/modules/pages/popup_image_additional/header_php.php) called at [/home/MY_DOMAIN/public_html/index.php:35]
    --> PHP Warning: Undefined array key "pID" in /home/MY_DOMAIN/public_html/includes/modules/pages/popup_image_additional/header_php.php on line 23.
    Would the best way to stop these warnings be to have an .htaccess 301 rewrite from 'pid' to 'pID' (although I am finding it difficult to create the correct code)?

Or perhaps there's a change to 'includes/modules/pages/popup_image_additional/header_php.php on line 23' that would achieve the same:

line #23
    Code:
    $products_values_query = $db->bindVars($products_values_query, ':productsID', $_GET['pID'], 'integer');
    Last edited by simon1066; 15 Feb 2024 at 11:55 AM.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bots not respecting uppercase characters

Leave it to Microsoft ... I personally would block the popups from being indexed & crawling. Think about it, the page has no value in the search index, they don't even have a home link on the popup page. Image search can be helpful for some products, but even so your large image is already crawled and indexed on the product page.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bots not respecting uppercase characters

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    Leave it to Microsoft ... I personally would block the popups from being indexed & crawling. Think about it, the page has no value in the search index, they don't even have a home link on the popup page. Image search can be helpful for some products, but even so your large image is already crawled and indexed on the product page.

~Melanie
    Very good points, I will do as suggested.
    Simon