Thread: Direct Deposit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Direct Deposit

Zencart 1.58a
    Php version 8.1

Hi all,

Have a simple question and that is how do I add a direct deposit for payment of an order.

The order was placed by Cheque/Money Order but can't see where I can add the payment in the admin.

Can anyone put me in the right direction please. I need to show the payment on the invoice some how.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Direct Deposit

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce1952 View Post
    Zencart 1.58a
    Php version 8.1

Hi all,

Have a simple question and that is how do I add a direct deposit for payment of an order.

The order was placed by Cheque/Money Order but can't see where I can add the payment in the admin.

Can anyone put me in the right direction please. I need to show the payment on the invoice some how.
    Hi Bruce

I haven't used this particular module, but I would've thought the stock standard invoice would simply say Cheque/Money Order next to "Payment Method:"

This might be a case where you need to modify the invoice to meet the needs of what your client wants to see.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by royaldave View Post
    Hi Bruce

I haven't used this particular module, but I would've thought the stock standard invoice would simply say Cheque/Money Order next to "Payment Method:"

This might be a case where you need to modify the invoice to meet the needs of what your client wants to see.
    I used to have a button for payment and could add amounts, and it would zero the invoice amount when I processed the payment. For some reason, someone removed that option that I can see with the latest version of zencart.

Plugin Contributions

I just have a question about when you open an invoice/Order in the admin it has a link saying Click for additional Payment and Handling Options which I press.

When it opens I only have two options 1. Order Refunds 2. Voiding Order Authorisations, but I am either turning blind or the description is lying because I can't see any payment options.

Note: That orders using Cheque/Money order does not have the link Click for Additional Payment Handling Options in it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Note: That orders using Cheque/Money order does not have the link Click for Additional Payment Handling Options in it.
    the additional payment handling options is only seen if the payment module has a method to either do a void, do a refund or capture a transaction.

if the payment module does NOT have those methods, and those methods need to be properly named, then the above link will not apppear.

the money order payment method does NOT have any of those methods, therefore the link does not appear.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

I used to have a button for payment and could add amounts, and it would zero the invoice amount when I processed the payment. For some reason, someone removed that option that I can see with the latest version of zencart.
    That was, most likely, an addition to the Customers :: Orders tool's display by the Super Orders add-on.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    That was, most likely, an addition to the Customers :: Orders tool's display by the Super Orders add-on.
    I was told before to remove Super Orders because it was causing issues. Are you now telling me to reinstall it again.

I appear to be going around in circles here with information.

The software should not be misleading when it has cheque/money order in the software it should have the option to be able to add a deposit especially (simple accounting) when you have a cheque or money order received (once cleared) so that the invoice can be paid.

A suggestion that in future updates you have the option to add a payment received or remove the cheque/money order option.

Not Happy

Plugin Contributions

And, I think some of us would be unhappy to give out banking information to whoever asks.

That may be why you find little assistance with Direct Deposit.

I would investigate PayPal's supposed addition of ACH.

Plugin Contributions

I think this discussion is covering more than one topic: Editing orders in Admin and the procedural processing of an order paid by direct deposit.

If a direct deposit module like DirBank AUS is used, customer selects the option and is provided with the bank deposit details on screen and in the invoice email. The order shows the payment type as Direct Deposit and order status is pending, or whatever your have designed it to be.
    When the order is ready to be picked I check to see if the money has been deposited and if it is, the order is processed. Most customers will email when payment is made.
    If the payment is not made within a reasonable time period I will contact the customer to remind them. Orders are never sent until the money is received.

There is no facility to change an order from the admin side unless a plugin like edit orders is installed.

Payment by cheque or money order was handled in the same way but I have dropped them as banks in Australia are trying to phase out cheques and few customers use them.

I also offer a discount for direct deposit equal to the credit card processing fee.
    OldNGrey
    ZC158a PHP 8.2.15
    MySQL 10.6.16-MariaDB

Plugin Contributions

A simple work around might be to add in Comments via Order Details in admin every time you receive a payment.
    These show up on the invoice and would provide a timeline of payments and anything else that happens to the order.
    You could also change the Order Statuses to better reflect your work flow - perhaps rename one to Fully Paid?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast