Plugin Contributions

Default Create Account Page Not Working receives 500 error message

Hello

On 1/18/2024 I updated the following file shop/includes/languages/english/create_account.php, Line 40 and removed the line about birthday gifts. I downloaded the file via ftp, opened in a html editor, made the change, and then uploaded back to the server. Since this time new customers have not been able to create an account. The last customer created an account on 1/11/2024. When they click the Sign Up button on the Login Page, https://www.donnellybrosinc.com/shop...ain_page=login they receive a 500 error error message. Since then I have replaced the edited file with the original and checked all other files that have to do with create-account. All other files have not been edited since our upgrade in 2020. I have searched the forums and tried several other suggestions I found there. Nothing seems to work. Customers can login but they cannot create an account. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Zencart 1.5.6c, PHP Version: 7.3.33 (Zend: 3.3.33), Database Engine: MySQL 5.7.23-23, Server OS: Linux 4.19.286-203.ELK.el7.x86_64, Host is Bluehost

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Create Account Page Not Working receives 500 error message

500 error pages create log files. post log files, see suggestions... educated suggestions...

right now, people would be just guessing... which some may do... and maybe they will hit your error... you never know...

i have never been a good guesser...

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Seems to work now.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

SWGuy, when I click on the Green Sign Up button the following appears. This page isn’t working right nowwww.donnellybrosinc.com can't currently handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500

Plugin Contributions

Here is a copy of my most recent Log File

[05-Mar-2024 19:30:10 America/Boise] Request URI: /shop/index.php?main_page=create_account, IP address: 73.145.165.170
    #1 include(/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/extra_datafiles/thank_you.php) called at [/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/init_includes/init_file_db_names.php:80]
    #2 require(/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/init_includes/init_file_db_names.php) called at [/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/autoload_func.php:48]
    #3 require(/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php:170]
    #4 require(/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php) called at [/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/index.php:26]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant FILENAME_MYNEWPAGE - assumed 'FILENAME_MYNEWPAGE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/extra_datafiles/thank_you.php on line 2.

[05-Mar-2024 19:30:10 America/Boise] Request URI: /shop/index.php?main_page=create_account, IP address: 73.145.165.170
    #1 include(/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/responsive_sheffield_blue/responsive_sheffield_blue_defines.php) called at [/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/modules/extra_definitions.php:71]
    #2 include(/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/modules/extra_definitions.php) called at [/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php:83]
    #3 require(/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php) called at [/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/autoload_func.php:48]
    #4 require(/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php:170]
    #5 require(/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php) called at [/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/index.php:26]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant ABOUT_US_IMAGE - assumed 'ABOUT_US_IMAGE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/responsive_sheffield_blue/responsive_sheffield_blue_defines.php on line 56.

[05-Mar-2024 19:30:10 America/Boise] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'define' (T_STRING) in /home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/languages/english/create_account_1-18-2024_Bak.php on line 1

--> PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'define' (T_STRING) in /home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/languages/english/create_account_1-18-2024_Bak.php on line 1.

Plugin Contributions

lets start with deleting this file:

/home2/donnelm4/public_html/shop/includes/languages/english/create_account_1-18-2024_Bak.php

because your URI is this:

shop/index.php?main_page=create_account

anything that matches with:

create_account*.php

in your chosen language directory gets loaded. and that file has a problem.

so lets start with that deletion. you can store it somewhere else... like in your home directory... or on your home computer...

best.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

CarlWhat, Thank you this solved the issue

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jcraw View Post
    CarlWhat, Thank you this solved the issue
    author of square Webpay.