Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
I acknowledge that you've made many updates to proposed coding changes since posting these screenshots, so I'm posting to ask whether the latest code still works as shown in these images?
... because in the US (tax-included-pricing is 'false'), if a person redeems a coupon worth $8.00, they'll want to see that coupon being worth $8.00 not $7.28 in the subtotals.
Well, yes and no... In countries I know, there is always a sale tax to apply and when a shop gives you a discount it is always on final prices (tax included). It seems that in US, even at consumer level, tax excluded is the base. In ZC the option to recalculate tax allows both, hopefully. Problem is that in original code 'Credit Note' option was used for tax included discount (I think it was depending on the module), but credit note are in fact an accounting tool (negative invoice) used between company that trade tax excluded and do their adjustments (discounts) tax excluded too.
Because of this and my own experience of discounts, I interpreted the 'Credit Note' option as tax excluded discount and 'Standard' option as tax included.
Actual code follows this interpretation which might be opposite of original code.
Shop owners have to be careful how they set these options or it might end up like you said with an invoice different that what was said.
If you display prices without tax, then discount re-calculate tax should be set to 'Credit Note' with new code. If prices are displayed tax included, 'standard' option would be the best choice. Although in some case, like trade between professionals, you can have a mix of these.