Thread: Admin Overrides

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Overrides

Is it possible to override files contained in admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons in admin/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/images/buttons or place files for new buttons there so as not modify the admin core file(s)?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Overrides

Not in the /extra_definitions sub-directory, but you could add differently-named buttons to admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons and then override the base language-file definitions via a lang.mysite_buttons.php file in admin/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions.

Plugin Contributions

Expanding my question a bit...I'm late to the 1.5.8a party and hopelessly confused about where to place array-based language defines so that no admin core files are modified for the following three cases:
    (1) existing core defines I want to override for a specific page and an existing core admin/includes/languages/english/lang.PAGE.php file exists, and
    (2) existing core defines I want to override for a specific page and an existing core admin/includes/languages/english/lang.PAGE.php file does not exist, and
    (3) non-existing (custom) defines for one or more admin pages
    Also, I gather the substring matching capability on the store side does not exist in admin. Is that correct?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dave224 View Post
    Expanding my question a bit...I'm late to the 1.5.8a party and hopelessly confused about where to place array-based language defines so that no admin core files are modified for the following three cases:
    (1) existing core defines I want to override for a specific page and an existing core admin/includes/languages/english/lang.PAGE.php file exists, and
    (2) existing core defines I want to override for a specific page and an existing core admin/includes/languages/english/lang.PAGE.php file does not exist, and
    (3) non-existing (custom) defines for one or more admin pages
    Also, I gather the substring matching capability on the store side does not exist in admin. Is that correct?
    The admin-language overrides, as mentioned in a couple of other threads, are cumbersome.

0. To override language definitions in the main language file, e.g. admin/includes/languages/lang.english.php, you can simply copy that file (renamed so you 'remember') to admin/includes/languages/extra_definitions and make your changes there. I'll recommend including only those definitions you're overriding.

1. The cumbersome bit: There isn't a page-specific language-file override mechanism. The best I can offer is a admin/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/lang.something.php that checks the $current_page (which needs to be a global since called from a class) and switch based on the page to do your page-specific overrides.

2. This condition doesn't exist in the base Zen Cart distribution.

3. For non-core admin pages, you can simply use admin/includes.languages/english/{lang.}new_page.php. For additional constants on in-core admin pages, see #1, above.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

This not in the docs?
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...