Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrading Instructions

I am trying to be very detailed and follow each upgrade step precisely.

I am using https://docs.zen-cart.com/release/2....how_to_upgrade and I am at Step B VIII. "Run the http://www.YOURSITE.com/zc_install"

this step shows that I have TWO admin directories listed which is 100% correct. I have the 2.0.0 fresh "admin" and my old "XXXXX" admin. There is nothing about which one to use for the upgrade. My ASSUMPTION (we all know how those are) is that I would want to select the new "admin" to upgrade with. Is this accurate?

This is a test on a copy locally so I am not actually damaging anything. I am attempting to get an install tasklist so the live store goes clean.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    I am trying to be very detailed and follow each upgrade step precisely.

I am using https://docs.zen-cart.com/release/2....how_to_upgrade and I am at Step B VIII. "Run the http://www.YOURSITE.com/zc_install"

this step shows that I have TWO admin directories listed which is 100% correct. I have the 2.0.0 fresh "admin" and my old "XXXXX" admin. There is nothing about which one to use for the upgrade. My ASSUMPTION (we all know how those are) is that I would want to select the new "admin" to upgrade with. Is this accurate?

This is a test on a copy locally so I am not actually damaging anything. I am attempting to get an install tasklist so the live store goes clean.
    Your ASSUMPTION is accurate. Smart move on the task-list!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Your ASSUMPTION is accurate. Smart move on the task-list!
    Yep, first issue is cannot import the actual store db in my local database. I am getting #1273 - Unknown collation: 'utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci'

I believe that last time I did this, i had to open up the sql file and do a search and replace on the entire file. But I do not remember WHAT do replace with. Is that still the method to use?

Main store is a Dreamhost SQL and my local one is MariaDB 11.3.2 if that helps.

Plugin Contributions

Yep, first issue is cannot import the actual store db in my local database. I am getting #1273 - Unknown collation: 'utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci'

I believe that last time I did this, i had to open up the sql file and do a search and replace on the entire file. But I do not remember WHAT do replace with. Is that still the method to use?

Main store is a Dreamhost SQL and my local one is MariaDB 11.3.2 if that helps.
    Opened the sql file with Notepad++ and replaced utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci to utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci. Saved as a different file and it uploaded correctly.

hopefully this is the right answer but if not, I have backups

Plugin Contributions

Opened the sql file with Notepad++ and replaced utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci to utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci. Saved as a different file and it uploaded correctly.

hopefully this is the right answer but if not, I have backups
    You're on a roll: Right answer!