Plugin Contributions

Default Trying to rename extra pages

~ Okay, I am a rank amateur in all things computer-related. - My spouse and I are very determined to open our store online, and we've been spending just about every minute not otherwise occupied working on our site... ten hours a day, sometimes, lol.-
    ~ We wanted to rename the pages in 'information' to reflect the content of the pages, not just "page 2" and so forth. - I've been reading a great deal here at the Zen forum, and in the faqs, and we have the header and color scheme and side boxes just the wanted them, otherwise... I guess I was feeling a little over-confident when I found a post by SarahL that covers, in great detail, how to rename and relocate the extra pages in the Zen downloads.- ... Without looking further, (I am a bone head! ), I thought to myself, "Surely I can rename the existing four pages following this method also!" - Wrong! The pages are renamed, and the links to them in the 'More Information' box go to the right pages, but nothing in the define pages editor shows up on them! (I turned them 'on', yes.)
    ~ I have since located another post that describes how to rename the four pages in question, a procedure much, much simpler than the one I had thought I needed to use, and only involving two files, where what I had been doing involved many...- So now I'm going back through every file that I, (apparently incorrectly), changed, and putting things back as they were... The solidifying proof of my bone-headedness lay in my not making back-ups, and now I've got to figure out what an "unexpected t-return, was expecting ')' " means, or else I have to dump my whole Zen Cart and re-upload it fresh! *You need a crying icon!!!*
    ~ If anybody has any advice, (other than the obvious "Make back-ups, you nit wit!"), I would be extremely grateful!
    ~ My endless gratitude in advance,~ Aranea

Plugin Contributions

If you have used the overrides properly you can just scrap the files that are messed up and try that part again.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

IF you just want to rename page 2 to something different in the box and dont care that the url says page 2 then you can do this in the language file. page_2.php

if you care about the url

you need to change
    includes/filenames.php
    find define('PAGE_2', 'page_2');
    and change the lower case page_2 to what ever you want to name it
    now find
    includes/languages/english/page_2.php and rename it. ( changing the text inside as well

now go to includes/languages/english/html_includes/page_2.php and rename it.

now go to

includes/modules/pages/page_2 and change the name of the folder to what ever your new name is.

now go to

includes/templates/your_templat/templates/tpl_page_2_default.php and change the name to

tpl_your new name_default.php

all done
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

~ Thank you both so very, incredibly much for your assistance. :) - I do deeply and genuinely appreciate it.-
    ~ As of right this moment, I've got most of the problem ironed out, but I'm missing something, and I can't seem to find where. -
    ~ In the 'More Information' box it shows the names I wanted, and when I click on those names, I go to the correct pages;- But the information that we put in the 'Define Pages Editor', (aka the "About Us" paragraph, ect.), and the whole box-ish area in which it's supposed to be and had been displayed in the center of the page is gone. ( ? ) -
    ~ Any idea where I might need to look for the problem?
    ~ Again, I really thank you both! - When we're actually in the black, I'll donate!
    ~ Aranea

Plugin Contributions

you will need to look in the page in question
    includes/templates/YOUR TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_your_page_default.php
    and see if there is a call for the define page text

it will look like

Code:
    <?php if (DEFINE_YOUR PAGE_STATUS == '1') { ?>
    where your page is the name of the page your looking for
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

~ You're wonderful! - Has anyone established a fan club yet, or shall I be the first?
    ~ Thank you so much!
    ~ Aranea

Plugin Contributions

~Okay, The box-ish areas in the center of the pages are back, but in each of them is this error:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cobweb/public_html/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_page_3_default.php on line 37

~ Here is the code from line 37,:
    </tr>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if (DEFINE_PAGE_3_STATUS == &#39;1&#39;) { ?>
    <tr>

~ I don&#39;t see the problem, so I&#39;m wondering would a problem elsewhere cause Zen to tell me that there&#39;s a problem here?
    ~ Again, I really, really do appreciate the asistance. -
    ~ Thank you so much,~ Aranea

Plugin Contributions

~ I am quite personally gratified to report that I have fixed the problem. - I went down the list of files I&#39;d edited and replaced them all with fresh ones.
    ~ I thank everyone for listening to me, while I was having a nervous breakdown.lol.
    ~ Aranea