Page 100 of 186 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1859
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Wordpress On Zencart / Released

i do have to say the sites that i seen that are intergrated look great, you guys have come alone way in the last 2yrs i might even take another bite at thie mod
    www.gorillagear.ca = zencart v1.3.9h with 40+ mods

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MB1 View Post
    i know i used this intergration a while back but at the end i just picked up a small peice of code that i found while doing a search on google and slapped it into my main page area. it's not as smooth as having the wordpress on your site but for me it was simplier to try and make wordpress look like my site then it was to tie them together. but then again it was over a year ago when i was trying to tie them together it have been harder back then then it is now.
    Honestly, I have to agree with you.. WordPress templates are pretty easy to manipulate..

While this mod is great, I've never had much success getting all of it to work well for me.. So I am anxious to see what the never version brings.. Besides I discovered that my clients were never as interested in blog "integration" as I was.. Besides a TRUE integration would also tie the users and admin back ends of these apps together..

I've been using just the sideboxes from WOZ to display the blog content in the store.. (I use the sidebox that displays the content of all your WordPress sidebars -- and a little CSS magic to suppress the display of any sidebar content I don't want seen on the Zen Cart side). This has been an effective way to link they blog to the store. On the WordPress side I use the blogroll and a WP plugin called "Link Order" to create links back to the store's product categories.

All that said, I'll check out and test the new version of WOZ.. Hopefully it addresses some of the integration issues I had with the latest versions of WordPress.. I might also try out Numinix's method for integrating WorPress too and compare the two.. If neither of these works for me, my method of achieving "integration" using the WOZ sideboxes has worked well for me, and I can continue to use it..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post

I've been using just the sideboxes from WOZ to display the blog content in the store.. (I use the sidebox that displays the content of all your WordPress sidebars -- and a little CSS magic to suppress the display of any sidebar content I don't want seen on the Zen Cart side). This has been an effective way to link they blog to the store. On the WordPress side I use the blogroll and a WP plugin called "Link Order" to create links back to the store's product categories.

i never really looked into too many WP mods as i feel i'll have enough to deal with when i upgrade my zencart to version 2.0, but i'm curious about those 2 mods as i'd like to intertwine the 2 sites a bit better especially on the WP side as you can see http://news.gorillagear.ca
    www.gorillagear.ca = zencart v1.3.9h with 40+ mods

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MB1 View Post
    i never really looked into too many WP mods as i feel i'll have enough to deal with when i upgrade my zencart to version 2.0, but i'm curious about those 2 mods as i'd like to intertwine the 2 sites a bit better especially on the WP side as you can see http://news.gorillagear.ca
    The blogroll is the built in WP widget that you can use to display links to other sites on your WP blog.. I use it to link the blog back to the store categories.. The WP blogroll displays links in the order they were entered. The Link Order plugin allows you to specify the order (similar to how sort orders in Zen Cart works)

Plugin Contributions

I have searched and searched and searched, and I have yet to find an answer to my following dilemna. Simply put, I want the main page that the user goes to when they click "home" or just type in my url to display my blog. I have both installed correctly at http://blackcuproaster.com/index.php?main_page=, but cannot find a way to show the blog on the home page. Any help would be great with this matter. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RMelick View Post
    I have searched and searched and searched, and I have yet to find an answer to my following dilemna. Simply put, I want the main page that the user goes to when they click "home" or just type in my url to display my blog. I have both installed correctly at http://blackcuproaster.com/index.php?main_page=, but cannot find a way to show the blog on the home page. Any help would be great with this matter. Thank you.
    To avoid conflicting way zencart requires its index file, only possible way is to add wordpress code to define main page,
    which will show certain blog posts of your choosing.
    Then set zencart, if necessary, to not show any sideboxes
    on main index page..
    i.e.
    http://www.dezinashop.com/demo/

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by misty View Post
    To avoid conflicting way zencart requires its index file, only possible way is to add wordpress code to define main page,
    which will show certain blog posts of your choosing.
    Then set zencart, if necessary, to not show any sideboxes
    on main index page..
    i.e.
    http://www.dezinashop.com/demo/

How would I do this? I have no idea which file to edit, or what to put there

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RMelick View Post
    How would I do this? I have no idea which file to edit, or what to put there
    See my previous post at
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...73&postcount=3

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Ive just installed this mod as this will be soooo good in terms of SEO!

I have a problem tho, i dont get any content on the pages when i load them up. The sidebar works great, the titles change, the breadcrumbs change but no content??

what am i doing wrong?

www.funkyfancydress.com is the link

Many thanks
    Even novices can be professionals!

Funky Fancy Dress

Plugin Contributions

My site (blackcuproaster.com) has all the layout/look I have been looking for with the wordpress blog being presented on the homepage and other aspects. I am running into a common issue of an error code popping up only on certain pages:

http://www.blackcuproaster.com/
    http://blackcuproaster.com/index.php?main_page=index (after logging in, it is directed to this)

The error is the following:
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/t/b/c/tbcroaster/html/includes/templates/template_default/common/html_header.php:22) in /home/content/t/b/c/tbcroaster/html/wp/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 865

I have done everything from change my htaccess to push anybody that goes to www.blackcuproaster.com to blackcuproaster.com, but that has errored out with every code made. I have talked to tech support from GoDaddy (I know, but I didnt make the decision, the boss did) and they said they couldnt do anything with the forwarding. It was bringing up the same issue that I was having.

As for the full on error code, I have also attempted every fix that I could find in these forums and others and am at a loss of what to do. I would really love to have some help with this issue so I might get it fixed for good. Anything would be great.

Thank you in advance.