Page 102 of 186 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1859

Default Re: Wordpress On Zencart / Released

have you tried a fresh install of zen and wordpress and the latest WOZ?

Plugin Contributions

Brand new install on both. Here's what you get.
    http://attentiontodesign.com/teststo...page=wordpress

Quote Originally Posted by thevintagesound View Post
    Brand new install on both. Here's what you get.
    http://attentiontodesign.com/teststo...page=wordpress
    what version of php on your host? I've got 4.4.9

Plugin Contributions

PHP Version: 5.2.9 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by thevintagesound View Post
    PHP Version: 5.2.9 (Zend: 2.2.0)
    I think Hira mentioned a few pages back that he developed this mod on PHP4. Does your host allow you to switch back and forth to PHP 4 or use an .htaccess to assign version?

Is anybody else using this on PHP 5 with no issue?

Plugin Contributions

Hi RMelick,

I had a similar problem (from memory) when performing my own 'manual' redirects from the root index.php file. I actually fixed it once (no idea how) however a subsequent re-install of ZC meant i could not reproduce my feats of the past.

**An interesting point - I noticed certain WP templates raised the error where others did not. Some in fact raised more errors, however I have yet to understand how I originally fixed it**

Anyway, I simply gave up in the end and stopped trying a full integration, which might sound like a lazy approach, but check out the site to see how i've integrated it first: www.qualityhomebrew.com.au.

the primary reason for 'giving up' was actually conflicting CSS, which I had neither the time or the patience to fix. Instead, I installed wordpress in a subfolder, used a redirect for the variable index.php?main_page=wordpress, and then incorporated wordpress entries manually into my zen-cart layout. i actually learnt quite a lot in the process, and as the whole purpose of wordpress in this site was to improve SEO and make it a 'sub-component' of ZC, i think it works quite well.

last but not least, there is a wealth of information on calling wordpress functions and variables directly from your ZC templates, so in a funny kind of way i have made my implementation a little more robust as no longer is WP relying on ZC or vica-versa.

I'm unfortunately not in a position to test using this site anymore as the one site I implemented it on is now LIVE, and just a tad busy this week to go from scratch again but if I can find a solution i'll post it here.

Good luck!

Plugin Contributions

FYI,

Your site loads VERY slow, and though my screen resolution is set to 1152 X 864, the left and right side of your site extends OFF my screen without even a scrollbar to see the far left and far right of the layout..

Quote Originally Posted by ALiepinieks View Post
    Anyway, I simply gave up in the end and stopped trying a full integration, which might sound like a lazy approach, but check out the site to see how i've integrated it first: www.qualityhomebrew.com.au.
    I don't think what you're doing is lazy.. I too gave up on full integration using WOZ because it was far too aggravating for me trying to work through all these hiccups for every site I tried using this module with.

I posted this earlier in the WOZ support thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpost.php?p=693495&postcount=655. These are my down and dirty instructions I came up with for using only the sideboxes from the WOZ module. I have since tweaked this process to include removing quite a bit of the code from the wp-configure.php file which interferes with other Zen Cart mods (Google feeds and SEO mods in particular). The code I removed was not needed for the WOZ sideboxes to work standalone.. I’ve also removed any files that were only used for the WOZ blog embedding, and were also not needed for the WOZ sideboxes to work standalone.

I'm also gonna create a 'wp_posts' sidebox which displays the same content as your WordPress latest posts widget (I'll be creating this sidebox based on these two links: http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/get_posts & http://www.dezinashop.com/demo/?p=4) Hira has code in the language files that implies that this sidebox exists, but it is not included in the WOZ files..

I have been giving some thought to packaging this up as an alternate add-on, or as an alternate install option in the WOZ app.. (Giving all credit to Hira of course..) It's another option that folks might wanna give a try..

Not to take anything away from Hira, but IMO a better method for blog embedding can be found here:
    http://www.numinix.com/blog/2009/09/...n-cart-1-3-8a/

As of this writing, I have taken a quick glance at the instructions and supporting files provided by Numinix. Numinix's embedding/integration method would appear to work with my WOZ sidebox only method. However, in order to make this look aesthetically pleasing, I probably should disable the display of the blog sidebar on most of the blog pages while still being able to enable/display the WP widgets elsewhere. I believe some variation of this would work:

I will be editing the following files within my blog’s theme:
    • index.php
    • page.php
    • single.php
    • archive.php
    • search.php
    Within these files I’ll find and delete the following line:
    Code:

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>
    The sidebar will no longer display, while the WOZ sideboxes will continue to display. I could then continue to activate and use my WP widgets, but they will only display within the WOZ sideboxes.

I’ll be testing this over the weekend of course, but IMO this is a better solution for those who must embed WP content.. Best of both worlds IMO.. Again no disrespect to Hira, but I have never had good success getting the embedding portion of this module to work trouble free..

It seems to me that we are getting away from discussing WOZ here.

Most recent posts are instead discussing other methods of using WordPress together with Zen Cart.

That's fine, but really not what this forum topic is about. I don't think it helps the folks having issues with this mod.

Has anybody setup the version 1.4 of WOZ with zen and gotten it to work?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by loosefast View Post
    It seems to me that we are getting away from discussing WOZ here.

Most recent posts are instead discussing other methods of using WordPress together with Zen Cart.
    So I am clear, the majority of my recent post IS about using WOZ. I like the WOZ sideboxes, just not the embedding part.. too much work to get it to function, and I've expressed that before.. (and will probably continue to do so since I still feel that way..) Perhaps the rest was off topic, but there are other posts in this thread that also dance around that fine line as well (for example how to embed recent posts on the front page -- this is an often asked about topic and technically NOT part of WOZ..)

My point is that the posts in this thread really never stray that far from this mod. However, for a variety of reasons, historically it has been difficult and painful for many to resolve issues with this mod.. (a peek through this thread bears that out..) So naturally people look for alternatives and share them with the community.. I think that is helpful.. (It is after all how I figured out how to make a recent posts side box for this module) Pehaps these solutions are not helpful for you, but they might be for those who have decided for whatever reason that this module is not working for them. So I think sharing my WOZ sidebox only solution IS helpful.. If you believe otherwise, we'll have to agree to disagree..
    Last edited by DivaVocals; 25 Nov 2009 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    So I am clear, the majority of my recent post IS about using WOZ. I like the WOZ sideboxes, just not the embedding part.. too much work to get it to function, and I've expressed that before.. (and will probably continue to do so since I still feel that way..) Perhaps the rest was off topic, but there are other posts in this thread that also dance around that fine line as well (for example how to embed recent posts on the front page -- this is an often asked about topic and technically NOT part of WOZ..)

My point is that the posts in this thread really never stray that far from this mod. However, for a variety of reasons, historically it has been difficult and painful for many to resolve issues with this mod.. (a peek through this thread bears that out..) So naturally people look for alternatives and share them with the community.. I think that is helpful.. (It is after all how I figured out how to make a recent posts side box for this module) Pehaps these solutions are not helpful for you, but they might be for those who have decided for whatever reason that this module is not working for them. So I think sharing my WOZ sidebox only solution IS helpful.. If you believe otherwise, we'll have to agree to disagree..
    I actually didn't read your previous post before I made my last post! No disagreement! I certainly was not including you in my general observation.

I was just noticing the trend of the postings of WOZ still not being ready for prime time. Now that v 1.4 is released and (maybe) the developer will stick around, we can make some progress on it.

I'm excited because I installed the new version and everything seems to work as advertised. But, apparently not for anybody else!

I have yet to see a zen site that leads to a separate install and template of WordPress that looks seamless. Gotta keep that "Checkout" link in view...