Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart + CK-ERP

Hi, atmpartmart,

Thank you for your interest in CK-ERP.

I am afraid I don't have enough info to diagnose your problem.

I am extracting the relevant section of CK-ERP's Installation Manual below for your reference,

================================================================================ ========================================
    0. Target middleware (anyone of these) - ... Zencart 1.3.8a ....
    1. Setup a working Linux environment with Apache and PostgreSQL/MySQL/SQLite fully installed and started.
    2. Download ck-erp-0.29.1.tar.gz from http://sourceforge.net/projects/ck-erp.
    3. Untar the CK-ERP software tarball into .... zencart's (admin) ...... directory (# tar -xzvf <full path name of ck-erp-0.29.1.tar.gz>) .
    4. Setup/Install the target middleware (Zencart)
    5. Test to ensure you have a working target middleware (Zencart) environment.
    6. Login the target middleware (Zencart) as a user named [admin]. *** DO NOT LOGIN AS ANY OTHER USER ***
    6a. Add CK-ERP entry link onto middleware's screen display,

Edit (zencart root)/admin/includes/header.php to insert [CK-ERP] into Zencart's header display,
    At around line 167 and behind the following clause - <td class="headerBarContent" align="center"><b><?php echo date("r", time()) . 'GMT' . ' [' . $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'].' ] ';?></b></td>
    add the following phrase - <td class="headerBarContent" align="right"><b><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link('ck-ledger/index.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="headerLink">' . 'CK-ERP' . '</a> ' ?></b></td>
    - AT THIS POINT, DO NOT CLICK ON THE [CK-ERP] MENU CHOICE.
    - Instead use your browser to visit directly http://(domainname or localhost)/(zencart root)/admin/ck-admin/index.php

7. The CK-ERP modules will show up as icons with an [abacus] background.
    8. You may have to click all 24 icons to find out which icon relates to which module.
    9. Choose (CK-ERP's) Administration module (castle icon with [abacus] background).
    [The following error message (or something similar) may show up,
    Database error: Invalid SQL: SELECT checksum FROM ck_md5 WHERE script='/ck-admin/index.php'
    MySQL Error: 1146 (Table 'ckerp.ck_md5' doesn't exist) Session halted.]
    But don't worry, this is due to the absence of the checksum table which will be created in a later step.
    10. Read in detail the [Welcome to Administration] page.
    11. Pick the [Admin/Setup] choice at the top header menu.
    12. Choose action 1 - Install Initial System
    13. Press [Start Action] button.
    14. Choose the appropriate Chart of Accounts to install
    15. Press [Start Action] button again.
    16. Numerous descriptive messages will appear.
    17. Press any one of the [Done] buttons.
    18. Adjust the Primary and Secondary Tax of customer, ____Cash and ___Myself, via [ck-crm] -> Customer Info -> Start Search -> Edit.
    19. Adjust the Primary and Secondary Tax of vendor, ___Myself, via [ck-vrm] -> Vendor Info -> Start Search -> Edit.
    ================================================================================ =======================================

Please indicate in detail what you saw on screen when you stepped from Step 0 to Step 7.

Best Regards,
    CK

Plugin Contributions

I followed the instructions below. The only differences I can think of is that Zen Cart was previously installed and running, as well as our admin directory has been renamed for security purposes (all done before uploading the ERP files into Zen's admin directory). I was able to complet everything through step 6a below, but when I visit .../ck-admin/index.php, I get the error listed in my initial post.

Is there any additional specific info I can provide you to help out resolving this? Any ideas what the problem can be?

Thanks for your help.

Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

Hi, atmpartmart,

I am afraid I have never come across this phenomenon. However, as suggested by,

http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view...8098&forumId=1

Clearing private data, cache and cookies may help. You may also like to check your client browser's proxy setting and your webserver's setting on serving php pages.

A further investigative step is to download ....ADMIN_URL/ck-admin/index.php independently as a text file and see what is inside the file. Although the uploading process is unlikely to cause file corruption these days, there is no harm to check things out.

Best Regards,
    CK

PS - Oh, perhaps you can check the file permission setting of index.php page after uploading. Sometimes, post uploading, the file is set to a permission setting that does not allow the webserver to read, execute the file properly.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, the issue is still occurring. I cleared all browser data and the issue remains. The webserver is serving PHP files with PHP5 if that matters. I viewed the index.php file via SSH and all looks good. I also ran a chmod to set all files to 755 simply as a test. That didn't resolve the issue either. When I installed the software, I uploaded the gz file and unpacked it straight on the server, so ftp settings of filetypes shouldn't be the issue either.

Is there a way to set the default language? I actually removed all of the other language files except for "en-hk" in all directories to see if that resolved the issue.

Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by ckwu View Post
    Hi, atmpartmart,

I am afraid I have never come across this phenomenon. However, as suggested by,

http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view...8098&forumId=1

Clearing private data, cache and cookies may help. You may also like to check your client browser's proxy setting and your webserver's setting on serving php pages.

A further investigative step is to download ....ADMIN_URL/ck-admin/index.php independently as a text file and see what is inside the file. Although the uploading process is unlikely to cause file corruption these days, there is no harm to check things out.

Best Regards,
    CK

PS - Oh, perhaps you can check the file permission setting of index.php page after uploading. Sometimes, post uploading, the file is set to a permission setting that does not allow the webserver to read, execute the file properly.

Plugin Contributions

Default CK-ERP (Open Source Edu/ERP/CRM/MRP) v.0.30.1 released (with Zencart1.3.9d connector)

A new release, v.0.30.1, of CK-ERP, has been posted, at SourceForge.Net, http://sourceforge.net/projects/ck-erp .

New features comprise seven new modules (ck-teacher, ck-counsellor, ck-student, ck-applicant, ck-family, ck-registrar, ck-eduadmin) for deployment within educational institutes and another new module (ck-vm) for use within NGOs.

(Zencart + CK-ERP) provides facilities to create/maintain a e-Commerce Shopping Cart operation. At the same time, the embedded CK-ERP modules allow the e-shop owner to record the financial transactions of the e-shop.

CK-ERP is an open source accounting / educational / MRP / ERP / CRM system that runs on top of multiple middlewares. It comprises 32 modules - Contact Management, Customer Relationship Management, Customer Self Service, Vendor Relationship Management, Material Requirement Planning, Warehouse, Inventory, Service, Accounting Ledger, Bank Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchase Order, Sales Order, Quotation, POS for Cashier, POS for Manager, Human Resources, Staff Self Service, Payroll, Administration, Internationalization, Access Control, Data Import, Teacher, Counsellor, Student, Applicant, Family, Registrar, Edu Administration and Volunteer Management. Please report error and suggestion to the discussion group / mailing list, CK-ERP-en(at)googlegroups.com or CK-ERP-zh_CN(at)googlegroups.com . General history and expected development is available at the discussion group's Archive.

Demo website: http://ck-erp.org/zencart/admin/
    Information website: http://ck-erp.org

Plugin Contributions

Default New version of CK-ERP (v.0.31.1) released with Zencart 1.5.0 connector

Hi, folks,

I have posted a new release, v.0.31.1, of CK-ERP, at SourceForge.Net, http://sourceforge.net/projects/ck-erp .

New features include,
    Support for Mysqli
    Support for Sqlite3
    Portuguese translation
    Korean translation
    Japanese translation
    Hindi translation
    Indonesian translation
    Vietnamese translation
    Russian translation
    Updated Chinese translation
    Updated Spanish translation
    Updated French translation
    Updated German translation
    Relaxation of restriction on display language must be the same as installation language

As far as I can determine, a Zencart+CK-ERP environment is most useful to online retailers. While Zencart supports the front-end webshop operation, CK-ERP provides facilities to manage backoffice routines of the business. All these happen within the familiar Zencart administrative environment.

CK-ERP is an open source educational / accounting / MRP / ERP / CRM system that runs on top of multiple middlewares. It comprises 32 modules - Contact Management, Customer Relationship Management, Customer Self Service, Vendor Relationship Management, Material Requirement Planning, Warehouse, Inventory, Service, Accounting Ledger, Bank Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchase Order, Sales Order, Quotation, POS for Cashier, POS for Manager, Human Resources, Staff Self Service, Payroll, Administration, Internationalization, Access Control, Data Import, Teacher, Counsellor, Student, Applicant, Family, Registrar, Edu Administration and Volunteer Management.

Please report error and suggestion to the discussion group / mailing list, CK-ERP-en(at)googlegroups.com or CK-ERP-zh_CN(at)googlegroups.com . General history and expected development is available at the discussion group's Archive.

Demo and info site: http://ck-erp.org
    Download site: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ck-erp

Cheers,
    Wu Chiu Kay, aka CK Wu, aka CK (CK is the preferred alias)
    Hong Kong

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New version of CK-ERP (v.0.31.1) released with Zencart 1.5.0 connector

Installed "CK-ERP (v.0.31.1)" as per the instructions. We have enabled GZIP compression in Zen Cart. This creates random behavior when we try to load <our admin URL>/ck-admin/index.php as per installation step 6a. Sometimes in all browsers (FireFox, Safari, IE...) we get the message that the page contains invalid or unsupported form of compression. When we clear the cache, it seems to go away but the screen is redirected to our admin home index.php page instead of showing the CK-ERP ck-admin/index.php. Sometimes we get the ck-admin/index.php page properly (again without GZIP being enabled in ZenCart).

It is important that we enable GZIP compression in ZenCart by default, so is there a way in CK-ERP to disable GZIP compression or something similar to make it work.

Also, in the zen connector file, we had to comment out the following and set $ckapi['hostsys']['iconvutf8'] directly to 'utf-8', as it failed and the ignore @ doesn't seem to work on our servers. Let us know if this could create any additional problems in the CK-ERP?

//$ckapi['hostsys']['iconvutf8'] = (@iconv('big5','utf8','testing')=='') ? 'utf-8' : 'utf8' ;

Our configuration -
    zen 1.5.0
    Server OS: FreeBSD 6.4-RELEASE-p8
    Database: MySQL 5.0.90
    Apache/2.2.21
    PHP Version: 5.3.10 (Zend: 2.3.0)

We will continue to look at CK-ERP in our development platform by disabling GZIP and see how it works. Appreciate your response.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New version of CK-ERP (v.0.31.1) released with Zencart 1.5.0 connector

Hi, zetailer,

Thank you for yout interest and support of CK-ERP.

Let me answer your 2nd question first. It may (and it's a big MAY) have some bearings on the 1st question.

The line, ---> $ckapi['hostsys']['iconvutf8'] = (@iconv('big5','utf8','testing')=='') ? 'utf-8' : 'utf8' ;

is to test whether your local iconv function supports utf-8 or utf8 locale and then set the [iconvutf8] variable accordingly. Hence, I would suggest, the most reliable workaround, in your instance, is to set,

$ckapi['hostsys']['iconvutf8'] = ''utf-8' ;

Then, visit your most frequently accessed non-English CK-ERP pages, and see how it goes. If it is not OK, then set,

$ckapi['hostsys']['iconvutf8'] = 'utf8' ;

For the question on GZIP zencart compression, I am afraid I have never tried it nor tested CK-ERP within such environment. Two things may be relevant, though,

a. PHP output buffering - http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...hould-i-use-it
    b. (I suspect) If CK-ERP is using the wrong utf-8 locale specification, as indicated earlier, some CK-ERP (wrongly-) coded utf8 strings, may be recognised by Zencart's GZIP process to be wrongly compressed characters.

Best Regards,
    CK

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CK-ERP (Open Source ERP / CRM / MRP) v.0.21.1 released

CK-ERP is designed to fail within a Windows environment.
    Does this mean it will not work under Xamp on Windows (XP).

I want to test and develop CK-ERP on localhost.
    Last edited by dw08gm; 17 Jun 2012 at 12:58 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CK-ERP (Open Source ERP / CRM / MRP) v.0.21.1 released

Hi, dw08gm,

Please refer to CK-ERP's design principles, listed at, http://ck-erp.org/drupal/?q=node/6

For a more detail explanation, please refer to the 1st FAQ listed at, http://ck-erp.org/drupal/?q=node/11

Best Regards,
    CK

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast