Page 56 of 384 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support

guys - i'm still having problems getting SQL errors when uploading the complete tab-delimited .txt file

An SQL error has occured. Please check your input data for tabs within fields and delete these. If this error continues, please forward your error log to the Easy Populate maintainer

Upload Results
    File uploaded.
    Temporary filename: /tmp/phpGTa2YQ
    User filename: Full-EP2007Feb12-0909(2).txt
    Size: 820

UPDATED! - Model: VP-DCM10BCVP | ../catalog | 100K Mini | long descr | | | | | 19.95 | 11.49 | 0 | 2007-02-07 | 2007-02-01 | 20 | VuPoint So | Digital | Cameras | | | | | | --none-- | 1 |
    [COLOR=red]ADD NEW PRODUCT FAILED! - Model: VP-DCM10PVP - SQL error. Check Easy Populate error log in uploads directory

The Error log says the problem is in * INSERT INTO zen_products * Where though would I find the coding for this?

If anyone could help that would be GREAT.
    Last edited by yellowdaises; 12 Feb 2007 at 06:48 PM.

Plugin Contributions

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_specials_price v_specials_date_avail v_specials_expires_date v_products_price v_products_wholesale_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_name_4 v_categories_name_5 v_categories_name_6 v_categories_name_7 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR
    VP-DCM10BCVP ../catalogartwork/VP-DCM10B2VP.jpg 100K Mini Camera long description 19.95 11.49 0 2007-02-07 15:14:28 2007-02-01 08:53:29 20 VuPoint Solutions Digital Cameras --none-- 1 EOREOR
    VP-DCM10PVP ../catalogartwork/VP-DCM10PVP.jpg 100K Stick Camera long description 19.95 11.49 0 20 VuPoint Solutions Digital Cameras --none-- 1 EOREOR
    I have tried to look at you test file but it will not import into excel(with tab limited format), but your date format in the second line appears to be wrong but cannot really tell from your example, if this is not the problem attach the file to your reply

Plugin Contributions

I'm thinking not... However, good idea. I think it's the "insert into zen_products" sql that is the problem although I don't know where it's expecting me to go... I went to my phpMyAdmin and checked the zen_products table and all seemed to be okay.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

I looked at the file and it looks OK, it is updating the first product OK, I could see there was an issue in your original post but not in this file, if you read the error it is suggesting there are/an tab/s in a field. Have you changed anything to do with easypopulate since you entered the first product?

Plugin Contributions

ok thanks for those suggestions but what if i want to at least *check* the INSERT INTO zen_products ?? i can't seem to find it in my phpmyadmin. i'm sure i'm looking in the wrong place. if someone could direct me there i'd be grateful. thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hello everyone! I'm curious if any people have successfully integrated product types into easypopulate? I'm currently redesigning a bookstore website which has 1000++ products, and 100s of new titles and restocks every month. So an easypopulate + product type is a must.

Way back in 2003 I used oscommerce 2.1 for the bookstore and hard coded all the extra product fields into oscommerce and easypopulate... ugh. Back then, the easypopulate mod was a pain, but ultimately a matter of copy + paste. However with Zen Cart and product types, modding easypopulate is a different animal altogether.

Hope that made sense. Suggestions, encouragement, links, anyone?

:-hugslife-:

I have installed EZpopulate Standard with my 1.3.7 store and I am able to download the complete data that I imported using admin, however I am unable to upload anything to the DB. I get a 406 error that says: "Not Acceptable: An appropriate representation of the requested resource /~hotnbott/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php could not be found on this server." I checked to make sure the file was uploaded in the file manager and It is there. What could be causing this problem?

Plugin Contributions

It could be a permissions issue--check to make sure that easypopulate.php is set to 644 on your server. If that doesn't work, try setting the permissions to 777.

Quote Originally Posted by mbheald View Post
    I have installed EZpopulate Standard with my 1.3.7 store and I am able to download the complete data that I imported using admin, however I am unable to upload anything to the DB. I get a 406 error that says: "Not Acceptable: An appropriate representation of the requested resource /~hotnbott/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php could not be found on this server." I checked to make sure the file was uploaded in the file manager and It is there. What could be causing this problem?

Plugin Contributions

Sounds like a mod_security or similar sort of thing. I'd talk to your host / system admin.

BTW... 777 is never a good idea, and should only be last resort.

Ok, non of the chmod settings worked other than 644. Setting the file to anything higher caused an internal database error. I talked to my system admin and he doesn't know how to fix the problem. any other ideas?