Hi scrat , yes your right it is getting off topic - sorry and your help is much appreciated.

Regarding easy populate I have been reading through the posts but am still finding it hard to understand how to load a basic .csv file or tab delimited. I have read the read me file that comes with it.

I have been given a data feed from commission junction but when i try to uplaod it i get an error which read

No model field in record. This line was not imported

Im not sure if i need to create the categories before i upload the feed and maybe this is the reason why its not working. Or do i need to change the headings of the datafeed so that they match the Full-EP2010Mar27-0707.csv file which i some how managed to get after installing easy populate and imported the file from the temp file.

After viewing this file i noticed that it only had headings and not any data. Now im not sure if this is a file which would have had data if i had products in my store. As it stands i am experimenting on a brand new store with no products in it.

Thanks for all your help so far and i will be sure to take my python queries elsewhere.