Page 379 of 384 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 3833
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support

I am setting up a new website for ink cartridges and have been sent some csv files from them. I have taken the CSV files and prepped them ready to import. I then imported them and everything worked fine.

Upon looking at the products I realised in the description of the product it never specified which cartridges were compatible with which printers so I re-edited the CSV file so that the description cells were empty, I cleared the store products and re imported, again everything worked fine and the description for each product was empty in the store.

I then took another CSV file that had all the relevant info I needed in regards to product description. I made the CSV file 2 columns long with the v_products_model field and the v_products_description_1 field. I then imported that expecting it to fill the product description, it imported okay but there was still no info in the product description in the store.

I then downloaded my product list from within Easy Populate and the v_products_description_1 fields were all blank.

It is not an option for me to create 1 CSV file as there are 10,000 products and the 2 CSV files don`t match for me to copy 1 column from 1 to the other.

Any advice would be SO MUCH APPRECIATED right now before this drives me insane LOL

Thanks In Advance.

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support

Would anyone have anyway I could get a new category to return an error for that product and not upload it, instead of creating the new category? Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support: not showing up after installation

Goodmorning all,

I just placed all the files on my webserver, so I wanted to go to the next step:

5) Go to Admin -> Tools -> Easy Populate. If prompted to install Easy Populate, click on the
    link provided. Otherwise, type in your browser address bar ?langer=install after /easypopulate.php
    (eg. YOUR_ADMIN/easypopulate.php?langer=install). If you wish to remove and re-install the default
    config settings, type ?langer=remove after /easypopulate.php
    (eg. YOUR_ADMIN/easypopulate.php?langer=remove) and begin this step again.

So I searched for Easy populate under tools, but it isn't there.. Does anyone know what went wrong?

I have checked again if all files were uploaded, and they were..
    Last edited by LadyoftheCave; 22 Sep 2017 at 09:49 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support: not showing up after installation

Quote Originally Posted by LadyoftheCave View Post
    Goodmorning all,

I just placed all the files on my webserver, so I wanted to go to the next step:

5) Go to Admin -> Tools -> Easy Populate. If prompted to install Easy Populate, click on the
    link provided. Otherwise, type in your browser address bar ?langer=install after /easypopulate.php
    (eg. YOUR_ADMIN/easypopulate.php?langer=install). If you wish to remove and re-install the default

So I searched for Easy populate under tools, but it isn't there.. Does anyone know what went wrong?

Never mind.. I noticed a .sql file, so I have installed that one first, so now it is working..

Plugin Contributions

Default CAN YOU UPLOAD only new files? Re: Easy Populate 1.2.5.4 support

Goodmorning all,

I am totally new to Easy populate. I have a question about how it works, Is it also possible to upload only new products? Or do I have to download the full file and add the new products to it?

Best Regards,

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CAN YOU UPLOAD only new files? Re: Easy Populate 1.2.5.4 support

Goodmorning all,

Never mind.. I noticed a .sql file, so I have installed that one first, so now it is working..
    Goodmorning all,

I am totally new to Easy populate. I have a question about how it works, Is it also possible to upload only new products? Or do I have to download the full file and add the new products to it?

Best Regards,
    Good morning to you,

First of all, have you downloaded the version of EasyPopulate (EP4) associated with this thread? It has an autoinstaller that takes care of all the install portions when the files are loaded to the admin folder (not sure if the previous statement of uploading to the WebStore meant to your catalog or not. The files are available from: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2069

As to your last question, the purpose of downloading a file is to observe the configuration and arrangement of the file and data so that you can see what needs to be entered where to get the desired results. The instructions for EP4 identify what is necessary to consider when adding product, but no you don't have to re-upload existing product if you don't want to/nor have changes to push to the database.

Also, it is suggested that as you first start using it, that you try working with an existing product just to understand how it works, what happens, etc... (learn) and then do as you wish to manipulate your store.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry...

I cross posted on accident. Too early in the morning.

The direction though still applies and why I wrote it like I did as far as how to go about approaching usage. What this version of EP can do, I do not have detailed knowledge but I would think/expect that either there is a wealth of information in this forum thread or that the instructions provide sufficient information.

Moderator(s), I would be fine with removal of discussion about the other plugin as I was not intending to redirect but instead to offer assistance with the described software and potential issues. (see below edit) Had I had my wits about me at the time of reading the initial post (of 3) I expect my response would have been different.

My apologies to all.

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Good morning to you,

Not sure if the previous statement of uploading to the WebStore meant to your catalog or not.

As to your last question, the purpose of downloading a file is to observe the configuration and arrangement of the file and data so that you can see what needs to be entered where to get the desired results. The instructions should identify what is necessary to consider when adding product, but generally speaking with EP or one of its variants, no you don't have to re-upload existing product if you don't want to/nor have changes to push to the database.

Also, it is suggested that as you first start using it, that you try working with an existing product just to understand how it works, what happens, etc... (learn) and then do as you wish to manipulate your store.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Good morning to you,

First of all, have you downloaded the version of EasyPopulate (EP4) associated with this thread? It has an autoinstaller that takes care of all the install portions when the files are loaded to the admin folder (not sure if the previous statement of uploading to the WebStore meant to your catalog or not. The files are available from: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2069

As to your last question, the purpose of downloading a file is to observe the configuration and arrangement of the file and data so that you can see what needs to be entered where to get the desired results. The instructions for EP4 identify what is necessary to consider when adding product, but no you don't have to re-upload existing product if you don't want to/nor have changes to push to the database.

No I have downloaded Easy populate CSV Is easy populate 4 better?

Plugin Contributions

I have tried to make a copy of the all-file file and deleted all files exept for one, and I renamed this file. Then I was trying to upload it, and the webstore was waiting and waiting and waiting, and I finally received the following error:

504 Gateway Time-out

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

Plugin Contributions

No I have downloaded Easy populate CSV Is easy populate 4 better?
    The answer to that is subjective. It's different. Offers different capabilities. Any such variant no matter what it is called does so. As the maintainer I have my own opinion.

I have tried to make a copy of the all-file file and deleted all files exept for one, and I renamed this file. Then I was trying to upload it, and the webstore was waiting and waiting and waiting, and I finally received the following error:

504 Gateway Time-out

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.
    This is typical if the number of product (rows) in the file are large. Ideally though for initial testing, the rows would be trimmed down to one row. Also, generally speaking the filename can be important in some part/way depending on the capabilities of the plugin. Because pretty much all files look or can look the same upon opening, there is usually some form of special naming "pattern" if the plugin can do more than handle/modify just the full product information. (ie. Sales, specials, quantity discounts, attributes, etc...)