Page 210 of 384 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 3833
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support for Version 1.2.5.4

Phazei,

Check this post for my version with quantity discount working:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...postcount=2022

From my own research, the Froogle code is defunct, and there are no longer any mods in the downloads area. Numinix's udated his feeder for Google Base, but there were many changes between the two that make all this froogle code outdated. So I killed it in my version.

I also think the "Advance Smart Tags" is unnecessary. It may be a "cool idea", but how many people have actually used it?

I also killed out the section on product attributes in favor of a future re-write.

Glad to see someone else interested in poking at this code!

-cj

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swamyg1 View Post
    Actually, my .csv file is not uploading propertly. I get no error message, just no status of anything... and products don't upload.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Is that a file you exported with the version I made? I noticed it ended in .txt
    My version creates .csv
    There are lots of internal changes to the file. It won't work with files downloaded with other versions.

In particular, it needs to be a comma deliminated file and all that EOREOR stuff is gone.

Try doing a complete download, and then uploading that same one.

During my testing I found that if you upload any file that doesn't get parsed properly, it just says upload and puts it in your temp folder. Even zip and stuff.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    From my own research, the Froogle code is defunct, and there are no longer any mods in the downloads area. Numinix's udated his feeder for Google Base, but there were many changes between the two that make all this froogle code outdated. So I killed it in my version.

While I removed the bad code I replaced, I didn't want to remove or break anything else. Like that Linda's Header Controler 2.0 thing, and lots of other hacks people added to it to work with lots of other peoples plugins. Chances are all that crap isn't needed, but it wasn't necessary to remove it now.

Also, I think googlebase has files similar to froogle, chances are the columns are just changed, it would be really simple to fix I believe if I knew what the new column headers were supposed to be.

There seems to be more functionality built into EP than is presented on the surface, there are lots of settings in there to do more stuff with a simple flip. It's written so it automatically adds new categories if you have a product in one that doesn't exist yet.
    I noticed ZC won't allow products in a category that has a subcategory, not sure what would happen if you did that in a file. That 7 category depth limit is also simply controlled by a variable.

I did my best to not really bother looking how it worked, only what was needed and only making sure what I did didn't break the stuff written below.

Oh: and I remember seeing some code in EP that talked about quantity pricing already in it.
    nm: maybe I was tired at the time and dreaming, can't find it now
    Last edited by phazei; 7 Jan 2009 at 10:28 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by phazei View Post
    Is that a file you exported with the version I made? I noticed it ended in .txt
    My version creates .csv
    There are lots of internal changes to the file. It won't work with files downloaded with other versions.

In particular, it needs to be a comma deliminated file and all that EOREOR stuff is gone.

Try doing a complete download, and then uploading that same one.

During my testing I found that if you upload any file that doesn't get parsed properly, it just says upload and puts it in your temp folder. Even zip and stuff.
    Hmm very funny. I tried what you said with the same file but I'm getting the same thing. Nothing inserts into the DB and no report of anything that's happened. I downloaded the file, made a couple of price edits and reuploaded the same file. I've tried a dozen times and I haven't been able to get an upload.

Upload Results

File uploaded.
    Temporary filename: /Applications/MAMP/tmp/php/phpK9769Q
    User filename: Full-EP2009Jan07-1806.csv
    Size: 18473

Upload Complete

Plugin Contributions

Just for testing purposes cut the csv down to like 10 products and see if it still does the same thing.

Then you could send me the csv and I'll see if I can figure out why.

Plugin Contributions

Just for testing purposes cut the csv down to like 10 products and see if it still does the same thing.

Then you could send me the csv and I'll see if I can figure out why.
    Ok, I tried that but nothing happened. I've attached the zip here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

I found the problem and was able to import it in just fine.

It's a CR/LF aka \r\n aka chr(13)chr(10) issue.

The function I use only uses LF as a end of line terminator.
    That's fine for windows and linux users, since they use that (windows uses both). But I'm guessing you're using a mac, since all your lines were terminated by a CR only, which doesn't work, unless you're on a mac...

Chances are if you just exported and imported without editing, it would probably work, but that's useless.

You need to save it windows compatible.

And if you're not on a mac... I'm lost as to why you're lines end in CR instead of LF.

Plugin Contributions

I found the problem and was able to import it in just fine.

It's a CR/LF aka \r\n aka chr(13)chr(10) issue.

The function I use only uses LF as a end of line terminator.
    That's fine for windows and linux users, since they use that (windows uses both). But I'm guessing you're using a mac, since all your lines were terminated by a CR only, which doesn't work, unless you're on a mac...

Chances are if you just exported and imported without editing, it would probably work, but that's useless.

You need to save it windows compatible.

And if you're not on a mac... I'm lost as to why you're lines end in CR instead of LF.

I am on a mac, and your solution totally fixed my problem!

Thanks for your help, and for busting out a much improved mod!!!

Plugin Contributions

Fixed: when creating new manufacturers it didn't add to both mfg db's, so if you went to add a url later on, it wouldn't work, and it broke ZM.
    Last edited by phazei; 9 Jan 2009 at 07:13 AM.

Plugin Contributions

After I hit add to DB, it acts like it is adding the products, but nothing is added. I've used EasyPopulate before with no problems, but it was a few months ago so I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have a new supplier and over 4,000 products to add.

Upload Results

File uploaded.
    Temporary filename: /tmp/php9odnSs
    User filename: amulets.csv
    Size: 12131

Upload Complete