Page 287 of 384 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 3833
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support for Version 1.2.5.4

Hi scrat, thanks for the reply - I have got the v_products_model in the feed but its not the first tab - I havnt put the feed in any particular order - Will the order need to be in the same way mentioned on the wiki ?

I was under the impression that as long as the fields are present in the data feed then zencart will pick it out - I did read the whole wiki and the areas which are required.

If you have a look at my previous post then there is a link to the feed- The required details are there - I think so anyway thats why i wanted to see if im doing something wrong - Well i clearly am as its not working.

The part on the wiki where it says that you need to have EOREOR at the end of each product so that the system will be able to tell that its the end of the product - Im not sure if ive done it right. I created a new header for it and added it to the end of every product - maybe this could be causing the error too.

Im not sure really but i have got the required details in the field

thanks

Plugin Contributions

abs007 It sounds like you are trying to run before you can walk... (meant in the nicest possible way)

The easiest way to get EP to work:
    1. Insert a few test products into ZC manually via ZC NOT by EP.
    2. Then download a complete file
    3. Change some detail in that file
    4. Re Upload that to ZC via EP

You should then see the changes have taken place, thus we see that EP is working just fine.... if not then fault find.

If everything is working OK, then remove some of the columns you do not want to upload and test again.

Going from memory there is only two columns you need product_model and EOREOR, I would suggest the columns need to be in the order as original less deleted ones, but never used EP in that way, some one may be able to advise you better.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Scrat
    thanks for the reply - No offence taken - you are clearly right here. I should think more logically like yourself and should have at the least tested the module first.

Anyway I have done what you said and now have uploaded the datafeed using the one i downloaded after creating a few products -

Everything is working fine and i will also be able to add my affiliate link. :-)

One thing that I noticed was that the feed that EP creates for your store does not have the EOREOR at the end of any product.

Im not sure why this is. I downloaded a .csv feed and not a pipe delimited one - maybe this is the reason why. I was also trying to upload a pipe feed. This time however i worked from the feed downloaded by EP just to make sure everything went well.

I must say this is a great module and would like to thank the developer.

I can see how this can be a huge time saver for any store owner.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hi ive uploaded a datafeed to my zen store and it looks like it has been uploaded successfully however on the front end i can only see the various manufacturers and no products.

In the admin area when i go to catalogue i can see the new category i have created and it shows as if there are 100 or so active products - when i go to the category then there are no products in there.

I have also gone to the tools>store manager and reseated the values for Reset ALL Products Master Categories ID and

Update ALL Products Price Sorter

however i have had no luck

any idea why this is happening

thanks

Plugin Contributions

What VERSION of EP are you running?

1.2.5.4 will not work with csv files, must be tab-delimited text.

Have you read my wiki tutorial?
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Hi schoolboy
    thanks for the reply - yes ive read the tutorial and have just found out that im using the easy populate csv 1.2.5.7

Im not sure if this is the reason why. Its certainly accepted the feed - my store shows over 300 products in it and also shows the manufacturers but the products dont actually show

http://www.forbeautyproducts.com

if you want to take a look

Plugin Contributions

hi ive been reading that the 1.2.5.4 is the most stable version. Is it as simple as deleting the files and adding the 1.2.5.4 files

or do i need to go to

http://www.yourstore.com/admin/easyp...?langer=remove

first and then remove files then add the ones for the 1.2.5.4 version

very sorry to be a pain

Plugin Contributions

all sorted - im now using the 1.2.5.4 version and everything is working fine

Plugin Contributions

Schoolboy,
    Is 1.2.5.4 still the most stable version of EP? I noticed there are several versions now in the downloads area. I am rebuilding my store and had 1.2.5.4 successfully installed and working fine, however, if there's a more stable, up-to-date version I'll use that. If not then 1.2.5.4 I'll stay with.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Earnest-Enterprises View Post
    Schoolboy,
    Is 1.2.5.4 still the most stable version of EP? I noticed there are several versions now in the downloads area. I am rebuilding my store and had 1.2.5.4 successfully installed and working fine, however, if there's a more stable, up-to-date version I'll use that. If not then 1.2.5.4 I'll stay with.

Thanks!
    Stick with 1.2.5.4

The thing one really needs to watch is the dross that MS Excel insists on embedding into a TXTc file. For some reason, Microsoft just cannot bear the idea of absolutely clean text. I often run the TXT file into Emerald Editor and discover unwanted double quotes EVEN AFTER I told Excel not to put quotes around the text.

On more occasions that I care to remember I have had to remove duplicated double quotes.

So the CLEAN-NESS of the txt file is paramount, before you load it up.

But if you pay attention to this sort of detail, the program works very well.

Last week I populated a large store with over 18,000 products - and not a single error! Okay, so we spend quite a while cleaning the file - but that was 6 hours well-spent.

To load 19,000 lines manually @ 2 minutes a line...

... well, you work it out!
    20 years a Zencart User