Page 186 of 384 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 3833
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support for Version 1.2.5.4

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylazerball View Post
    ( to long for product description section in Easy Populate).
    I've used some pretty long description in EP with no problems. How long are your descriptions? Also, are you aware you can format your descriptions in excel by adding html tags?

Every time I upload new prices in a category, all the custom descriptions disappear.
    If you cannot fit you descriptions in Excel, you need to change easypopulate.php.

Duh, I just realized this will probably time out before I get the code. I will post the code in a few minutes.

Plugin Contributions

Find this around line 2060. Its actually on several lines.
    PHP Code:
    "UPDATE ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION." SET products_name='" zen_db_input($name) . "', products_description='" zen_db_input $v_products_description[$key]) . "',"
    I don't know the exact syntax, but add a wrapper something like this:
    PHP Code:
    if ($v_products_description[$key] > '') {
          (
    existing code)

I'm not sure of the exact way to code this in php, but this is what you need.

Disclaimer: always backup before testing. I believe this is the correct section but cannot be sure without actually trying it. I've done several things like this, so it's an educated guess we're in the right place.

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jgg1974 View Post

Can someone let me know if I can add shipping prices in a spreadsheet that will work with easypop? Basically my suppiler gives me a spreadsheet with shipping prices for each product, so I would like to have a shipping price per unit and I would like to do it in a spreadsheet, I have oever 2000 products.

That's probably going to be a tough one. I don't think ZC has a place to store shipping cost per product, therefore EP has no place to put the data.

My first though was to make shipping an option, set it required and it would be added. But your problem there is sales tax would be added to shipping, which is not done in many (most?) jurisdictions.

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

I am not sure exactly what you mean.

This is a sample of the short description that I upload with easy populate
    Acetyl L-Carnitine is also known by other names such as Alcar, Acetyl Carnitine, N-Acetyl L-Carnitine, Acetyl L-Carnitine

This is a sample of what I add to the product description

(part of this is table that doesn't show here because of text only)

Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg 120 Vcaps

SUPPLEMENT FACTS
    Serving Size: 1 Vcap
    Servings Per Container: 120

Amount Per Serving

% Daily Value

Acetyl L-Carnitine (Kosher Certified)

500 mg

*Daily value not established.

Other Ingredients: Rice Flour, Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate (Vegetable Source), Silic

Storage: Keep this product in a cool dry place.

Contains No Added: Free of Sugar, Starch and Sodium. No Artificial Colors or Preservatives.

Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement take 1 to 2 capsules once or twice daily with a glass of water and food or as directed by a health care professional. Take consistently each day for best results.

Warning: Do not use if tamper resistant seal is missing or broken. Seek the advice of a health care professional before using. Consult your physician prior to use if you are pregnant or nursing.

I have manage to add a table to the product_display_information.php but I am not a coder so after I put in the table, I still don't have any idea how to add content to it or how to make it useful for 800 different products.

Plugin Contributions

Default Attribute Solution/Workaround

I have seen many users having problems with attributes. I found a workable solution.

I posted it to the wrong topic. You can find it here.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=562

Is there a way to move postings?

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Johnny,

It looks like I had some wrong or incorrect information. I tried to paste a table into an Excel cell with no success. There might be a way to do it, but I could not figure it out.

I tried creating a table in an HTML editor, copying and pasting into a cell. Something caused it to go into multiple cells.

You can put multi-line descriptions in using <br> tags for line feeds. You could have something like:

HTML Code:
    Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg 120 Vcaps<br>SUPPLEMENT FACTS<br>Serving Size: 1 Vcap<br>Servings Per Container: 120
    The <br> acts as a line feed in web pages.

That's about all I can offer for now.
    Hopefully someone else can add to this.

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Quick last question for me. Can any one help me with getting URL;s to work, displaying images ? All my images are from a third party web site and I need then when i download my spreadsheet, for the images to show my images on my webapge. So basically I have heard that when using images, they have to be on my directory and that they have to be in a kdfi.jpg format, pointing to my image folder, but this isnt what I need. I need to be able to read from the URL, I have like over 20,000 products and all the images are from my suppliers webpage, and no , he doesnt have any images files to give to me, and no, I just need this to work this way , be it I have over 20,000 products. I dont want to mess with the spreadsheet, I would rather Thanks so much if any1 can help . make some mod to my backend to make it work or the like,

I have searched the high seas with no answer.

Plugin Contributions

Every time i upload records via EP the products do show up on the site nicely, however, when I try to edit them in the Admin panel i get this error message:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '.products_price_sorter, p.master_categories_id fr' at line 25
    in:
    [select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_virtual, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_quantity_order_min, p.products_quantity_order_units, p.products_priced_by_attribute, p.product_is_free, p.product_is_call, p.products_quantity_mixed, p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status, p.products_quantity_order_max, p.products_sort_order, p.products_discount_type, p.products_discount_type_from, p.browse_by_make p.products_price_sorter, p.master_categories_id from zen_products p, zen_products_description pd where p.products_id = '55' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1']
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

any idea how to fix it?

Plugin Contributions

Jeff,

Thanks for working with me.

Please understand, I can add all of the lengthy description via category/ product page in Zen Cart.

The problem is when I upload new price adjustments via Easy Populate, all the description I have built reverts back to the short one I started with.

You can view the page at
    http://www.greasedlightning.info/mot...cap-p-1167.htm

All I need to figure out is how to save all the lengthy description or insert a new (accessible and editable) text box or table.

You will notice in the web page, that I have manage to add a table but not being a coder I don't know how to make it editable.

Please get back to me!
    Johnny

Plugin Contributions

I am resending the page link, it seems not to work from the last comment I posted

So I'll try again

HTTP://www.greasedlightning.info/motherearthworks/acetyl-lcarnitine-500-mg-30-vcap-p-1167.htm