Page 2 of 384 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support

Hi Nicholas,
    good luck with the new topic here.

A) I just want to confirm, that importing products specified in 3 (or more) languages, the Category they belong to has to be defined only once...that means that the cat ID of the default language will be used to place the products to the "foreign" categories as well? Regardless of what the category is named in other languages? Or how does that work?

B) I made a description update leaving only column "model" & "decr". That left all other related values (price and so on...) in the database.
    But....when trying to update only the price, using only columns "model" & "price" , all other related data is gone.

Any suggestion how to update just using the columns nessesary? I mean, makes it easier using only 2,3 columns....and faster

Thank you
    Dimi

Plugin Contributions

Is it possible to add sort option into script? I would like to sort items in my own way.

tnx

Plugin Contributions

Hello all,

Under Tools - Easy Populate, I'm able to download EP files. However, it seems I'm unable to create EP files in my Temp directory. It says the file has been created successfully, but I don't find the file in the Temp. My Temp is at: /home/bonnie/public_html/temp

Here are the log of the process;

Warning: fopen(/home/bonnie/public_html/temp/Froogle-EP2006May16-1402.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bonnie/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1089

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/bonnie/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1090

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/bonnie/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1091
    File Froogle-EP2006May16-1402.txt successfully exported! The file is ready for download in your /temp/ directory.

Any Help Greatly Appreciated,
    ZZZZZeeeennn

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pivey
    Hi Nicholas,
    good luck with the new topic here.

A) I just want to confirm, that importing products specified in 3 (or more) languages, the Category they belong to has to be defined only once...that means that the cat ID of the default language will be used to place the products to the "foreign" categories as well? Regardless of what the category is named in other languages? Or how does that work?

B) I made a description update leaving only column "model" & "decr". That left all other related values (price and so on...) in the database.
    But....when trying to update only the price, using only columns "model" & "price" , all other related data is gone.

Any suggestion how to update just using the columns nessesary? I mean, makes it easier using only 2,3 columns....and faster

Thank you
    Dimi
    Dimi, I'm sorry to say that languages are poorly supported in EP at the moment, and are being addressed. I'd advise against creating new categories or products with EP if you have a multilanguage site.

A workaround would be to delete all but the default language in languages admin and add them back after uploading new products/categories, which ought to then create the required language field additions that EP does not do as it should.

Language issues are being addressed.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZeeeennn
    Under Tools - Easy Populate, I'm able to download EP files. However, it seems I'm unable to create EP files in my Temp directory.
    Warning: fopen(/home/bonnie/public_html/temp/Froogle-EP2006May16-1402.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bonnie/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1089
    The permissions for your temp folder are not sufficient. Ensure that they are writable by the server. This is usually chmod 700 or up to chmod 777 for some server configurations.

Plugin Contributions

Hello Nicholas,

I always delete and insert the languages again when mass uploading.

But how can I just update ONE field, say...just the price mass update? What additional fields are needed?
    Because, for descr. update it is enough to have _model _name _descr

Could I do some modification, to be able to update just any field I need without having to reinsert the whole columns?

Dimi

Plugin Contributions

Easypopulate_msgstack_install_keys_fail

hi,

i am trying to install ep 2.5.4 on my shop and facing some problems.
    I uploaded the files in the as told and tried to install ep from admin menue.
    i first of all get the following error:
    EASYPOPULATE_MSGSTACK_INSTALL_KEYS_FAIL
    EASYPOPULATE_MSGSTACK_DROSS_DETECTED

manual install (sql-file) also doesn´t work. I tried to download files by clicking the appearing links (e.g. "Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit "). First something is downloaded, but when i try to open the downloaded text (here: FullEP2006....txt), i am told, that this file doesn´t exist.

i have permissions set to 777 in folder shop/temp.
    I must say that i had installed other old ep-versions but had them not properly running. The files were overwritten when uploading the files of versipn 2.5.4.

Hope anyone can help quickly, otherwise i am going to insert over 300 products by hand (believe me, i want to avoid this :-)...).

Thanx

sabybaby

Plugin Contributions

if you are using any language other than english in admin, you will need to copy to teh new language all of the files in the language dependent folder. See how it goes after this.

Plugin Contributions

Is there any way to populate the category images..

I can populate the product images with ease, but I can find no way to populate the category / subcategory images..

I know this isnt done too often, but since I am setting up a site at the moment, I find that every time I clean out and reset to test, I then have to manually put all the category images in again.

Thanks

Steven

PS. Thanks, It installed and worked first time, like a dream , :)
    (should I have said that ?)
    Last edited by StevenD; 18 May 2006 at 01:47 PM.

Help tring to get Easy Populate v1.2.5.4 I have been to the modhole and have tried to download but the link is not working and it isn't on the forum anywhere.
    Any Idea's

Page 2 of 384 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast