Page 3 of 384 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support

Hello Langer and all,

As I try "Insert Into DB" option, both Browsing to select your EP file (Full-EP2005Aug31-0404.txt) from my local PC and specifying the file name under /Temp at server, it gives me a web page with "The resource cannot be displayed, HTTP Error 406 - Not acceptable Internet Explorer " error message.

Please Help Again!
    Zzzzzeeeennn

Plugin Contributions

Re: Easy Populate support

Hi

After some initial problems, with some help, I got EP installed and it did the right thing, even after I made my own template. The template works and EP does populate the store the correct way, with the exception of images. My catalog has been set to main category, for images. But on each additional upload, EP seems to be the common demoninator here, unless you can explain otherwise. (I have the EROROR at the end of each line in a tab deliminted CSV file.

The problem is on easy successive load on EP after a day or two, EP seems to add paths to my file names. I have looked at the CSV file and I see none in the raw data (the CSV file). I can only think of two things. A. EP is picking up a setting from a template already produced and one where I tried to alter the path for images, but its a template I am not using. or B. EP is trying to find a path and insert it, thinking it should be in there. but why would they bother to program it that way? C: Someone could have hacked my website, but then, they could have pulled down the whole store, why mess with a path to just images?

Also, after a CSV file is used, it longer seems to be loadable in excel, Fortunately I keep my orginginal spreadsheets handy after figuring this out. I back up my MYSQLdatabase before each EP upload, so I would recommend to any new users of ZEN CART to please do so, every step of the way, back up your site.

I like EP for the quick work it makes of data entry. but if Langer or anyone else has an idea about this, this would be a good time. I have nothing bet praise for EP otherwise.

On a note to the changed site. yeah my threads are gone that I saved. and its difficult to find what I am after.

thanks MrMikl

Plugin Contributions

Re: Easy Populate support

Hi

After some initial problems, with some help, I got EP installed and it did the right thing, even after I made my own template. The template works and EP does populate the store the correct way, with the exception of images. My catalog has been set to main category, for images. But on each additional upload, EP seems to be the common demoninator here, unless you can explain otherwise. (I have the EROROR at the end of each line in a tab deliminted CSV file).

The problem is on easy successive load on EP after a day or two, EP seems to add paths to my file names. I have looked at the CSV file and I see none in the raw data (the CSV file). I can only think of two things.

A. EP is picking up a setting from a template that is installed with the initial load of ZEN CART, and after I tried using it, I may have put in a path in a preformated template like "CLASSIC".

I made my own template and then loaded the data in there. If I load data the same day I make the template it works fine. And no where I tried to alter the path for images in my template.

But if I added a path in the "CLASSIC" template, the "CLASSIC" template is one I am not using. or

B. EP is trying to find a path and insert it, thinking it should be in there. but why would they bother to program it that way?

C: Someone could have hacked my website, but then, they could have pulled down the whole store, why mess with a path to just images?

Also, after a CSV file is used, it no longer seems to be loadable in excel, Fortunately I keep my orginginal spreadsheets handy after figuring this out. I back up my MYSQLdatabase before each EP upload, so I would recommend to any new users of ZEN CART to please do so, every step of the way, back up your site.

I like EP for the quick work it makes of data entry. but if Langer or anyone else has an idea about this, this would be a good time. I have nothing but praise for EP otherwise.

On a note to the changed site. yeah my threads are gone that I saved. and its difficult to find what I am after.

thanks MrMikl

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by langer
    In that 81 page thread, is the file on the first page still the most up-to-date version?

Plugin Contributions

Is there anything available that can edit these csv files once they get exported larger than 255 columns, excel just dumps on it, I imported into acces, same result, do not really want to start using sql, though i know that supports 1024 columns..

what else is available, anyone any suggestions?

Steven

Plugin Contributions

pfff ok I installed ez populate but I cant get it how do I can change the tax class for the all products at this moment they are 300 and more but they are splitted in deferent folder, e mean....
    i have 30products in Mainboards
    60 in Graphic adapters
    ... and so on

Plugin Contributions

Hi

can we get ep to add V.A.T and take off all Discount for froogle.

and

can we add a field for the Products Cost (used in Profit Markup/Margin Calculator)

simon

Plugin Contributions

oh I got it

simon-m

When U install EP u can export your products in Excel Table but care full its a txt file. U HAVE TO OPEN IT WITH EXCEL but whatch out u save it.
    And whan u open excel table u have to changte tax class with its name and price and all products attributes and options

its easy just have to see it and u will get it
    good luckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

NOTE: if u use diferent language u have to copy ur EP languge folder and rename it to ur needed language !!!

hi quick question, i need to download easy populate so i went to the mod hole to do so but i think something is wrong with the file. when i click on the download for EP_v1.2.5.4.zip it says I'm downloading index.php.

and when download ep_v2_75_zen-cart_1_2.zip its only one file but no instructions or anything like that.

i remember when i used EP before there were a bunch of file this just doesn't look right.

does anyone know where i can find a good copy or is this a good copy and how do i install.

thanks so much in advance

Cara

Plugin Contributions

I'm also having the same issue, only get index.php at modhole.

Is there anyway someone could email this to me or attach it here in this thread?

I've been looking forward to adding this contribution for quite some time but have been unable to download it.

Thanks

Page 3 of 384 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast