Page 378 of 384 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 3833
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    The message states the file is missing on the server. Chances are it's either not on the server or not in the correct location. Double check that the files are actually on the server.
    If by the file you mean easypopulate.php, it's there because I can invoke it and I see the EP screen. It's when I try to invoke it to process a csv file that it gives me the NOT ACCEPTABLE error, whether I ask it to use a csv file already in the tempEP folder, or one I ask it to fetch from my PC (which it then stores in the tempEP folder. At first I thought it was a permissions problem with tempEP but it is set to 777.

Any other ideas ? Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Zean View Post
    This thread is titled, "Easy Populate 1.2.5.4 support" but is linked to by the "Easy Populate CSV" plugin which although confusing is perhaps not relevant to my question.
    Has Easy Populate CSV been superseded by EasyPopulate V4 ?
    I found the below text dated April 1, 2013 here in https://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Easy_Populate
    I wonder if it is still true May 31, 2016?

April 1, 2013. Two years since my last update... Version 1.2.5.4 does work with Zencart 1.5.x. but should not be used if it's a new install. The version by CHADDERUSKI (VERSION 4) is preferable, and it has a LOT of new features that are extremely useful. IF you are considering EP and have ZC 1.5.x, then use EP version 4.

EP v4 SUPPORT THREAD: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.php?190417

Plugin Contributions

I am running 1.5.5
    I have successfully uploaded many products using Easypopulate.

I first created one item with all the attributes/options needed.
    The exported list of options for this item is 98 lines long.
    I changed the model number to one that needs the options loaded.
    After I uploaded the attributes/options for this item it give me the message that the file was imported
    But none of the attributes/options are displaying on the item
    I have tried both Basic and Complete versions of the attributes file downloads as the basis for my uploads.

Any suggestions please!

These are the same for about 2000 of my items
    I really don't want to have to Key these in manually.
    Last edited by munizjm; 21 Jul 2016 at 12:40 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I am download the EA CSV 1.2.6.4 install with ZC 1.5.5b

it log some PHP PHP Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated () on line 879
    where line 879 is
    $products_image_base = ereg_replace($products_image_extension . '$', '', $products_image);

so I try to fix this by replace the ereg_replace to preg_replace

Here are the coding range
    from
    PHP Code:
    $products_image = (($result->fields['v_products_image'] == PRODUCTS_IMAGE_NO_IMAGE) ? '' $result->fields['v_products_image']);
    $products_image_extension substr($products_imagestrrpos($products_image'.'));
    $products_image_base ereg_replace($products_image_extension '$'''$products_image); 
    change to
    PHP Code:
    $products_image = (($result->fields['v_products_image'] ==  PRODUCTS_IMAGE_NO_IMAGE) ? '' $result->fields['v_products_image']);
    $products_image_base preg_replace($products_image_extension '$'''$products_image); 
    Then I download the CSV, this time saw other new error in the log that ereg_replace() gone
    PHP Warning: preg_replace(): No ending delimiter '.' found in /store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 879
    PHP Warning: preg_replace(): No ending delimiter '$' found in /store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 879

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by explorer1979 View Post
    I am download the EA CSV 1.2.6.4 install with ZC 1.5.5b

it log some PHP PHP Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated () on line 879
    where line 879 is
    $products_image_base = ereg_replace($products_image_extension . '$', '', $products_image);

so I try to fix this by replace the ereg_replace to preg_replace

Here are the coding range
    from
    PHP Code:
    $products_image = (($result->fields['v_products_image'] == PRODUCTS_IMAGE_NO_IMAGE) ? '' $result->fields['v_products_image']);
    $products_image_base ereg_replace($products_image_extension '$'''$products_image); 
    change to
    PHP Code:
    $products_image = (($result->fields['v_products_image'] ==  PRODUCTS_IMAGE_NO_IMAGE) ? '' $result->fields['v_products_image']);
    $products_image_base preg_replace($products_image_extension '$'''$products_image); 
    Then I download the CSV, this time saw other new error in the log that ereg_replace() gone
    PHP Warning: preg_replace(): No ending delimiter '.' found in /store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 879
    PHP Warning: preg_replace(): No ending delimiter '$' found in /store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 879

Thank you

About the preg_replace it can reference Image Handle 4.3.2 one of the files
    /includes/modules/yourtemplate/main_product_image.php
    PHP Code:
    $products_image_base preg_replace('/'.$products_image_extension '$/'''$products_image); 
    to fix

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by explorer1979 View Post
    About the preg_replace it can reference Image Handle 4.3.2 one of the files
    /includes/modules/yourtemplate/main_product_image.php
    PHP Code:
    $products_image_base preg_replace('/'.$products_image_extension '$/'''$products_image); 
    to fix
    Load up EasyPopulate V 4. It does not overwrite the 1.2.5.6 files, so remove these manually.

Takes 5 minutes, and V4 is MUCH better...

The older Langer version is far too out-of-date.

Just install V4.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Why isn't the products_id exported to the csv file? I know I can add it through the custom fields option, is there any reason I should not if I want that information?
    Thanks,
    Tony

Plugin Contributions

What is the LATEST version of EP? ...need to make sure because I see so many of them.
    also, where can I find a link to the best install instructions?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MrRogue View Post
    What is the LATEST version of EP? ...need to make sure because I see so many of them.
    also, where can I find a link to the best install instructions?
    There are multiple "variations" to the EasyPopulate concept. Each plugin as listed in the plugins section has a latest version. The "age" of that latest update may provide an indication of usability to various ZC versions, but is not a guarantee that it won't work with more recent versions. Some software is/can be written to survive many versions without modification just by the nature of how it operates/interrelates.

As far as installation, each plugin should have its own install instructions. Historically EasyPopulate related code doesn't require any site (file) modifications in order to install/operate. But the functionality offered by the plugin is what is traditionally different between the versions. They all seem to support some form of use of a "csv" file, though programs such as Excel generate a csv different than that of say Open Office. The difference can be significant when the plugin tries to read the file and import the data to the database. Basically it's like the difference of saving a file where the words all become capitalized in one version and maintain their capitalization in another, the end result is that the data "looks" different in the database when loaded from one file version versus the other.

So, if having difficulty "installing" the plugin, the suggestion would be to go to the thread related to that plugin and post what has been done, what has been attempted, what worked, what didn't etc, any errors logged in the applicable logging area, versions, etc... idea being that the issue should be reproducible for it to be considered a problem with the program otherwise there is something else causing the problem. :)

Hope that helps.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

While your head is (understandably) still spinning over the hackfest that is the EP family tree, you should look at DBIO manager:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2091

It's like EP, but done properly.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...