Page 4 of 384 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default EP and FileMaker Pro

Hi,
    I'm have a database in FileMaker Pro that I'm using to populate ZC with. I have installed and used EP successfully to make product updates. I'm running into a snag with Attributes.
    The products in the cart are audio tapes and CDs. They are available with an attribute called Soundtrack and attribute values called Music, Nature or Music & Nature.

I've downloaded a recent Attributes-EP2006May27-1111.txt file, open that in FileMaker and see the following headers:
    v_products_model v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_2 v_attribute_values_price_1_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_3 v_attribute_values_price_1_3 v_attribute_values_name_1_3_1 v_attribute_options_id_2 v_attribute_options_name_2_1 v_attribute_values_id_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_2_1 v_attribute_values_name_2_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_2_2 v_attribute_values_price_2_2 v_attribute_values_name_2_2_1 v_attribute_options_id_3 v_attribute_options_name_3_1 v_attribute_values_id_3_1 v_attribute_values_price_3_1 v_attribute_values_name_3_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_3_2 v_attribute_values_price_3_2 v_attribute_values_name_3_2_1 EOREOR

But, when I look in ZC through a MySQL client, I can't find those fields in the ZC database. What am I missing? Are the underscored numbers parsed somehow by EP? If so, what do they correlate to?

I've added all those fields to my FileMaker Pro database, filled them with data, exported an EP file and I see ALL possible options for every defined attribute. ?? I have since deleted them all and I'm stuck. What I want is the lead product, CD123 to show that it is available in Music or Nature via radio buttons on the product detail page.

Help???

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support

Is it possible to add extra fields to EP? I need one that will upload the products cost (not price) Can I add a field called v_products_cost? If so, how would I do that.

Thanks,

Tom
    I Think, Therefore I Zen. I Zen, Therefore, I AM!
    Personalized Flowers!
    Flowertown Speaking Roses
    using version 1.5.7-06232020

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by StevenD
    Is there anything available that can edit these csv files once they get exported larger than 255 columns, excel just dumps on it, I imported into acces, same result, do not really want to start using sql, though i know that supports 1024 columns..

what else is available, anyone any suggestions?

Steven
    I would have bet money that openoffice would go past 256, but it doesn't.

Gnumeric (which has a windows port in progress) can be compiled to support more columns, but the binary doesn't.

I read that Quattro Pro can do far more than 256 - I have not confirmed it.

The only one I found (that worked) was koffice-kspread (KDE Spreadsheet), but if you're on windows, it isn't going to be much help.

Maybe someone else can come up with more...
    Chris

Plugin Contributions

Any update on what has happened to the download at modhole?

Still shows download link is EP_v1.2.5.4.zip, but is actually a single (and bogus) index.php file.

Is there an alternative download site or can someone send/post the correct file?

Thanks and have a LARGE day!!!

Plugin Contributions

Found out from modhole that prob is in browser version(s) used for download... using IE I was unable to get anything but the "index.php" file but Netscape had no prob getting full zip download.

HOWEVER... I am a bit confused on how to set up my excel columns so that the categories/subcategories/products will import correctly.

My store is for power sport vehicle batteries and I will set it up with various categories/subcategories drilling down until the correct battery is listed. As an example:

Motorcycles > Honda > 1800cc > GL1800 Gold Wing > battery

Thus, each type of vehicle (motorcycle, snowmobile, water craft,etc) will be a category and each of those will have a subcategory of makes, with each of those having a subcategory of sizes, with each of those having a subcategory of models, finally ending w/ the appropriate battery for that vehicle.

I set up a singular product in my store and then did a download from EP to see the format that I would need to use in Excel, but no categories are showing. I was hoping to do my actual category/subcategory setup using EP as I actually have more categories than I do products (many of the batteries will fit multiple vehicles).

I must surely be overlooking the obvious here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a very LARGE day!

Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure why or how, but I received an error message from w/in the EP module with a "click here" to correct link. After clicking the link, EP did another export of my data and all was well.

No clue what was wrong w/ first one but all is well now.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZeeeennn
    Hello Langer and all,

As I try "Insert Into DB" option, both Browsing to select your EP file (Full-EP2005Aug31-0404.txt) from my local PC and specifying the file name under /Temp at server, it gives me a web page with "The resource cannot be displayed, HTTP Error 406 - Not acceptable Internet Explorer " error message.

Please Help Again!
    Zzzzzeeeennn
    I found the answer to my own question at Langer's modhole.com site. It was a security issue with the web server who easily took care of it. Since Langer seems to be absent these days here at Zen place, maybe busy updating releasing EasyPopulate Advanced Version, those seeking EP related answers may have better chance at his site.

Good Luck to You All

Plugin Contributions

Default appropriate representation

hi,

thanks for the program! i installed it and everything seemed to go smoothly. i put all the files on the servers where they were indicated to go and i also created the txt file to download so i can add more products to it.

i finished editing the txt files using open office then copy it to gedit. i tested it to make sure that the spaces were all tabs. and now i tried to upload it using admin/easy populate. i get a response like this:

Not Acceptable
    An appropriate representation of the requested resource /zencart/admin/easypopulate.php could not be found on this server.

i checked again t omake sure that easy populate.php is there and it is..

am i not doing something properly?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wtashby
    Is it possible to add extra fields to EP? I need one that will upload the products cost (not price) Can I add a field called v_products_cost? If so, how would I do that.

Thanks,

Tom
    Any chance someone knows the answer to this question?
    I Think, Therefore I Zen. I Zen, Therefore, I AM!
    Personalized Flowers!
    Flowertown Speaking Roses
    using version 1.5.7-06232020

Plugin Contributions

at this time, Easy Populate does not detect new fields. This will change shortly.

Page 4 of 384 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast