Page 5 of 384 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate support

I'm having trouble uploading a products text file using EP. I had the same trouble with OSCommerce and searched for well over a week trying to find a solution to the problem. I have removed the OSCommerce install.

I am hosted at WestHost.com
    I am using MySQL 3.23.56 and Mod Php 4.4.1
    I am using Easy Populate 1.2.5.4
    I installed zen-cart-v1.3.0.1-full-fileset
    I have no listing for Easy Populate under the Configuration menu in the ZenCart admin. (I believe there is supposed to be one)
    I am uploading from a Windows XP machine

The text file is tab-delimited.

When I use the Upload EP file and click the "Insert into the DB" button I get the following message at the bottom of the screen.

File uploaded.
    Temporary filename: /tmp/php1vrHty
    User filename: ZCvideoShort.txt
    Size: 1732

Upload Complete

If I upload the file to the Temp dir ( listed as EASYPOPULATE_CONFIG_TEMP_DIR/) I get the message at the bottom of the screen,

"Filename: ZCvideoShort.txt

Upload Complete"

Nothing shows up in the DB. I am trying to upload only one product in a category and it doesn't work. I don't know how to proceed.

I can download the EP file ok with the sample test products.

What do I need to do?
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: appropriate representation

Quote Originally Posted by mooo11
    hi,

thanks for the program! i installed it and everything seemed to go smoothly. i put all the files on the servers where they were indicated to go and i also created the txt file to download so i can add more products to it.

i finished editing the txt files using open office then copy it to gedit. i tested it to make sure that the spaces were all tabs. and now i tried to upload it using admin/easy populate. i get a response like this:

Not Acceptable
    An appropriate representation of the requested resource /zencart/admin/easypopulate.php could not be found on this server.

i checked again t omake sure that easy populate.php is there and it is..

am i not doing something properly?

anyone can help me with this?

Plugin Contributions

I've installed Easy populate on v1.3.0.1 and no errors with it as of yet. I just noticed though, under "Configuration" I have Easy Populate listed twice? Anyone run into this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: appropriate representation

Quote Originally Posted by mooo11
    anyone can help me with this?
    never seen it before. Try this:
    http://www.google.com/search?lr=&ie=...ted%20resource

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ladysaat
    I've installed Easy populate on v1.3.0.1 and no errors with it as of yet. I just noticed though, under "Configuration" I have Easy Populate listed twice? Anyone run into this?
    You may have installed it twice. Do remove twice, then install once. My install/remove script was not thorough enough...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by telston01
    If I upload the file to the Temp dir ( listed as EASYPOPULATE_CONFIG_TEMP_DIR/)
    Try uploading the files again, as it appears they are corrupted or missing.

Plugin Contributions

Hello, iv been using easy populate for a while and now it all of a sudden stoped working. I then did an upgrade of the newest zencart. Now, i can download the databses fine. I can edit them, etc. The only problem is uploading. I can not upload from my local to my server. I set chmod 777 to the temp directory, and im using my own linux server. What i can do is upload the database via FTP to my temp directory, then insert into DB via import from temp/ , but i would like it as simple as possible for my client. When i click Upload from computer after i have sleected my file, it gives me an error in firefox saying
    Code:
    The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

*   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
              moments.

*   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
              connection.

*   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
              that Firefox is permitted to access the Web
    and in IE i get a cannot find server error

Code:
     The page cannot be displayed 
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the  Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). 
    See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting). 
    Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. 
    On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings. 
    Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK. 
    Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed. 
    If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0. 
    Click the  Back button to try another link. 

Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer
    Can someone give me an idea of a direction i can be pointed at to fix this? Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I need some help.

I have been using Zen Cart on a local test server for a while, and have moved it to a live test server to begin final testing before going totally live. Everything worked fine on my local test machine, I uploaded everything to the live machine and everything seemed to work fine there as well. I updated my products with EP and everything seemed fine.

I go away for a week, come back, and now I can't upload anything with EP. Depending on which browser I use, I get either the option to download the easypopulate.php file, get a connection lost error, or simply a page not found. I didn't change anything that I can recall, host says everything is ok on their end. I tried removing EP and re-installing several times, it seems to work ok, it downloads the latest inventory into a file for me, but I still can't update the file.

From what I can tell, the host uses PHP in CGI, and globals are off...would either of these be the problem?

PS. Server Info is as Follows:

PHP 4.4.2
    MySQL 4.1.14 - standard
    Apache 1.3.34
    Zen 1.3.0.1
    DB Patch level 1.3.0.1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mattlowe01
    Hello, iv been using easy populate for a while and now it all of a sudden stoped working. I then did an upgrade of the newest zencart. Now, i can download the databses fine. I can edit them, etc. The only problem is uploading. I can not upload from my local to my server. I set chmod 777 to the temp directory, and im using my own linux server. What i can do is upload the database via FTP to my temp directory, then insert into DB via import from temp/ , but i would like it as simple as possible for my client. When i click Upload from computer after i have sleected my file, it gives me an error in firefox saying [code]The connection was reset
    That's crazy...posted at the same time. Mine just stopped working too!

Plugin Contributions

update * i just cant upload complte database, but i can the partial ones like model/price/quantity . Weird.

Page 5 of 384 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast