Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Some thoughts about the admin

kevlyn,

You like to stir and stir, and then are not satisfied, it seems, with any of the answers or plans the Dev's have.

It is one thing to voice your opinion, quite another to continually harp on about an issue that has been addressed more than once.

I suggest that you quit being part of the problem and start becoming part of the solution.

If you find this not satisfactory, this is open source, take it and do what you want with it.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...hlight=roadmap

and Image Handler2 only has 2 core file changes,
    html_output on the catalog side and admin/includes/modules/category_product_listing on the admin side,
    everything else is in over ride and extras files,

and it no longer gives images to the root or nobody

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...hlight=roadmap

and Image Handler2 only has 2 core file changes,
    html_output on the catalog side and admin/includes/modules/category_product_listing on the admin side,
    everything else is in over ride and extras files
    IH also overwites 6 icon files, but that appears to be to iron out some inconsistencies in icon sizes in core Zen Cart. Overall I'd say that Tim makes very good use of the override-like capabilities of the extra_boxes, extra_configures, extra_datafiles, extra_functions and extra_definitions structures.

Kelvyn, Dr Byte has just published the roadmap for Zen Cart. This is how it is. Live with it.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi
    Kelvyn, Dr Byte has just published the roadmap for Zen Cart. This is how it is. Live with it.
    SWEEET! I was toying with the idea of going to 1.3, and there would have been one and one reason only, and that would have been to allow me to use the Ajax attribute handler plugin.
    And now looks what's happening TOMORROW!!!
    2.) Significant reductions in database queries [...]
    (These alone have reduced queries from 840 down to about 160 on fresh installs)
    3.) Attribute-Stock/SKU support
    That alone makes it a must have instant-install. The diary is clear, the announcement is watched. OK, let's see if I can be the first with 1.4 this week :)
    Quote Originally Posted by kobra
    You like to stir and stir, and then are not satisfied, it seems, with any of the answers or plans the Dev's have.
    Did you actually READ the post, or did you just jump on in to be one of the kool kidz?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kelvyn
    And now looks what's happening TOMORROW!!!
    I just noticed that the post has been edited from "saying 30th May" to just say "May", but hey, that's only a day. The 2006 is in there and that's the important bit :)

Bring it on - I'm warming up my copy of Winmerge right now! Even set a rule to forward the announcement to my mobile phone

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Folks, the wording used to say " Proposed Announcement for May 30 release: "
    as in ... the ANNOUNCEMENT was proposed for May 30. I published it a couple days earlier out of courtesy to those patiently waiting for an update about what's in store for the future.

I simply removed the title a couple hours ago to prevent confusion for future readers.

We wouldn't dare release 1.4 tomorrow or else we'd never hear the end of ".... but I just finished upgrading to 1.3..." ::

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    Folks, the wording used to say " Proposed Announcement for May 30 release: "
    Which could only mean "Proposed Announcement for May 30 release:" - the announcement proposed for the release on May 30th, so I called up the stores, told them the news, subscribed to the releases forum, and cleared Wednesday.
    as in ... the ANNOUNCEMENT was proposed for May 30
    We wouldn't dare release 1.4 tomorrow
    OK, but please tell me we're talking days, maybe a week or two, and not months? I can't imagine I'm not the only one who's holding off 1.3 and waiting for a feature release which will help me, the store manager and the customers, and nearly jumped out of their seats when they saw it was due?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kelvyn
    Which could only mean "Proposed Announcement for May 30 release:" - the announcement proposed for the release on May 30th
    Not so. "Proposed Announcement for May 30 release" means "Proposed Announcement for release to the public on May 30" and is a normal form of words at the top of press releases and other similar announcements to indicate the planned date when the information would be released into the public domain.

Although I agree that it can seem ambiguous and it was unfortunate that the date was not amended or removed before publicaltion, in this context the intention was still clear from the content, i.e. that it laid out what would be contained in several releases. Surely you didn't expect that the Dev Team would make three code releases on the same day? If that were their intention, they would consolidate them into a single release.

Personally I'm grateful for the information and, like you, will welcome the releases when they are ready.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Kelvyn,

If you thought the "Proposed Announcement for May 30 release" meant the Dev team was proposing to release 3 major upgrades on one day then you have allowed your anger and bitterness to affect your judgment and language parsing skills.

Did you really think that all your ugly ranting had somehow allowed them to get months of work done in a week?

Your act is really getting old.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the link to the roadmap (tips hat to Merlin) and also the information regarding ImageHandler file changes, because I did remember it had a lot of core code changes, but glad to hear that has changed for the better. I will look into it, though I have discovered having a artists tablet to click and point with actually makes the flow a bit easier than using my touchpad on the laptop.

I am off to check out the ImageHandler2 and to think more about a feature I mentioned several months ago. Instead of a Top Sellers box I am hashing out a Recently Sold box since it will be more active looking and may steer people towards things they personally had not thought of.

Also looking at a way to allow One of Kind Sold items to show in a showcase of sorts.

Back to inputting only a hundred or so new pieces to do.
    Greg Krynen

www.krynen.com - Interesting answers
    www.PurpleDragonGifts.com - Jewelry and other gifts
    www.PurpleDragonTraders.com - Beads

all of life is 50/50

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast