Page 1 of 113 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Stocks by attributes

I read all the info in the archive forums and cannot figure out if it can do what I want:

I did install the Contribution (thank you for making it) and am now testing it, however I have the same problem as many other people:

- when a size or color (I sell clothes) is out of stock the unavailable color/size still shows on the product page, people can still add it to their cart and it is only there that they have an "out of stock" message.

Would it be possible to have a check on availability to only display a color/size when it is in stock. For example:

a person would need to first pick their color and the size drop-down menu would then automatically display ONLY available sizes. Pick another color and "hop" the size drop-down box automatically displays whatever sizes are available for that color.

Another suggestion:
    - could we have the contribution work directly on the product page, i.e. add the attributes from the product page and with the possibility to modify stocks directly for all (vs. 1 by 1). I guess it would look something like this:

Red:
    S = X
    M = X
    L = X
    XL = X

Where X would be a box where we can manually update the stock level at once.

PS: feel free to see my site for practical exemple: www.saintjamesboutique.com (look at style Lille in size 10 for example).

PPS: I need a solution implemented ASAP and would gladly hire someone to help me out with that.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stocks by attributes

Quote Originally Posted by howdoin
    Would it be possible to have a check on availability to only display a color/size when it is in stock. For example:

a person would need to first pick their color and the size drop-down menu would then automatically display ONLY available sizes. Pick another color and "hop" the size drop-down box automatically displays whatever sizes are available for that color.
    Where do I have read that before? =) You are not the only one who wants this feature. But thats not possible at this time. Making that would involve a lot of work, some guys suggested AJAX to autopopulate dropdown menus depending on the opcion picked.

So in the meantime, letting the users click back once they are in the shopping cart is the only way.

Plugin Contributions

Hey all you Product by Attribute Stock Worshippers,

Figured I'd start out this new thread w/ a link to the archived thread. Here it is:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25987

(Is it obvious I'm avoiding finishing that upgrade?)

Audra

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply audra but thats not what I'm asking for. I want the stock for attributes to be autopopulated with 0, this meaning that I don't have to open every single variant of a product but only the ones I actually have in stock.

I might sound lazy but having approx. 2000 products with attributes (an average of 5 attributes/product) will give me alot to do just inserting variants.

I'm just running a small business where the majority of my products are available at suppliers.

Pre-filling the variants with 0 would help me out alot!
    Hey Svanis,
    I'm not sure why you would need this. If you do not set up a variant in Catalog->Product with Attributes Stock then it assumes quantity=0 from a functionality standpoint in the catalog. In other words, doing nothing will lead to an Insufficient Stock message in the customers shopping cart. Am I still missing the boat?

Audra

Plugin Contributions

Curious if anyone else uses PWAS with the Froogle mod and has run into the trouble of Froogle denying feeds because of out of stock items.

I had to go in and delete all the variants w/ zero quantity (or manually edit my feed) in order to get it accepted by Froogle. I hate to do that because those zero quantities gave me a nice place to quickly scan for out of stocks when reorder time came around. It may be significant that it was my first Froogle submission. I know they pay more attention the first time around.

I'm also wondering if anybody has looked at generating stock level reports based on this mod. Any thoughts?

Audra, who has taken up more than her allotted space in this thread already

Plugin Contributions

Re: Stocks by attributes / latest version / 1.3.01

I am in need of the latest version of this mod.

The one I can find on the previous thread is quite old. I need this mod urgently on my 1.3.01 store, because I can't go live without it. We sell MANY products that are sold by attribute.

I will certainly post the updates after I have made it work.

If you are working on an update, I am happy to finish it for you. I really don't want to re-invent the wheel.

Thanks for your assistance.

- Daniel

Plugin Contributions

Is it possible to resync all variants in one click?

Plugin Contributions

Al right!
    Now I'm bangin my head against the wall!

This contrib has been working fine for me so far, but now I've started fiddeling around with multiple attributes.

Say for instance that I'm trying to add the following:

A red t-shirt available in S, M, L, XL
    And the same sizes for a green t-shirt.

I add the variants but end up with attributes showing as

Color:
    Red [ In stock ]
    Red [ In stock ]
    Red [ In stock ]
    Red [ In stock ]
    Green [ In stock ]
    Green [ In stock ]
    Green [ In stock ]
    Green [ In stock ]

Size:
    An empty radiobox. (!?!)

I'm about to start cursing but I think I'll just go and slam my head in a pillow and scream for the top of my life!

As I understand, there are people actually using this for multiple attributes. Right?

/Svanis

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Svanis
    Al right!
    Now I'm bangin my head against the wall!

This contrib has been working fine for me so far, but now I've started fiddeling around with multiple attributes.

Say for instance that I'm trying to add the following:

A red t-shirt available in S, M, L, XL
    And the same sizes for a green t-shirt.

I add the variants but end up with attributes showing as

Color:
    Red [ In stock ]
    Red [ In stock ]
    Red [ In stock ]
    Red [ In stock ]
    Green [ In stock ]
    Green [ In stock ]
    Green [ In stock ]
    Green [ In stock ]

Size:
    An empty radiobox. (!?!)

I'm about to start cursing but I think I'll just go and slam my head in a pillow and scream for the top of my life!

As I understand, there are people actually using this for multiple attributes. Right?

/Svanis

Did you add the option values for "Size"? You have to do it before adding variants. Go to Catalog/Option Value Manager and, there, add S, M, L, XL.

Plugin Contributions

so does this mod work with the newest zencart or does it not?!?!

i need this option as well.

Page 1 of 113 1231151101 ... LastLast