Page 90 of 113 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default STOCK BY ATTRIBUTES - multiple attributes, show stock levels - how?

Firstly can I say I have read as much as I can from both of these threads - Stock For Product With Different Attributes (OLD) and Stock by Attribute v4.0 for Zen Cart 1.3.5+ but neither thread seems to have the answer to my problem (though the question has been asked many times I have yet to see a definitive answer)

Sorry to start a new thread about this, but when there are 4 or more threads about the mod and each with hundreds and hundreds of pages not even relevant to my question its not easy

What I want to do is illustrated here - if you change the colour and/or sizes, the number of products in stock also changes

I understand after much reading of many threads (all which have 40 plus pages ) that this isn't possible when using mutiple attributes, when clearly it is somehow...

So... to cut to the chase... I have the STOCK BY ATTRIBUTES already working on this site and it's fine aside from the fact I would like for it to display the number of Blue Size SML T-shirts that are in stock without having to add it to the shopping cart and then only to find it is out of stock

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: STOCK BY ATTRIBUTES - multiple attributes, show stock levels - how?

This is exactly what iam after, i sell body jewellery and if i have say

5 x 1mm bars
    10 x 2mm bars

It states i have 15 in stock but doesn't say how many of each, you can then add 6 of the 1mm bars to cart but then the cart says its out of stock, which in theory isn't very good for your customer, i think people would get confused.

Would be great if it said how much was in stock for anyone item, then also counts down say if someone brought 2 x 1mm bars it would show stock of 3 left, if then later someone brought the remaining 3 it would then go to out of stock just for that size.

Hope that makes sense
    Using zencart version - 1.3.8a

Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure I follow you here, or at least I don't understand the description of your stock, are you sure you have multiple attributes? Because if not then what you are after is possible to do.

It's only when you have multiple attributes that Zen-Cart has problems (ie, a choice of colours and sizes together, it can distinguish between one or the other, just not both).

Plugin Contributions

I understand what your on about i do only have single attributes i only deal with different colours.

E.g

If i have a belly bar in 3 colours i.e

6 x red
    4 x blue
    2 x white

The stock showed up as me having 12 in stock, it allowed me to add 3 white to the cart then when viewing the cart i got an out of stock message.
    It doesn't tell the customer i only have 2 white in stock and 6 red etc
    Perhaps id done something wrong...

Plugin Contributions

Okay, that IS possible then.

Check out the FAQ here - http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...sked_Questions

How can I show the amount of stock available next to each attribute on the product information page?

This is relatively straightforward if you have only a single attribute such as size of color for each product. Code for this is proposed in this archive thread[1]. Seek out post #110 by Grayson, and her correction in #132 and apply the changes to the includes/modules/attributes.php file instead of includes/modules/pages/product_info/main_template_vars_attributes.php

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help with this well iam totally lost know i followed the first part of the instruction -

check includes/classes/order.php
    make sure line 8 has this

@version $Id: order.php 0000 2007-09-19 00:00:00Z kuroi $

which mine does so far so good, The as instructed i went to forum page

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=25987&page=14

said i needed to edit -

includes/modules/pages/product_info/main_template_vars_attributes.php

but i don't have this file !! thought perhaps i didn't upload it so i re-uploaded all files again, but still the php file isn't there, so iam totally lost know.

Can you advise please

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, the FAQ does read a bit vague when I look at i again, it took me an age and a day to figure all this out as to what is and what's not possible so apologies that I can't remember fully what I did get to work and what I didn't as it was never what I (or a million others actually wanted)

The mod you need I think is this one - stock by attributes - http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=310 - I managed to get it to work in one language, but most of my sites are multi lingual and never got that far as it wasn't what I was looking for. Pretty sure though it's the one you need.

Plugin Contributions

thats the one i installed so very weird all this specialy to a newbie with limit experience, many thanks for trying to help me though, appricate your time i might un-install it and see if i can get another version to work....

Plugin Contributions

I wish I could remember what I did to get it to work. Unfortunately (for you) I tried so many things, in the end once I realised it wouldn't work for multiple attibutes I deleted all my test files and put back the original single attribute file

I also wish somebody could write a definitive guide/FAQ to this, it seems to be one of the biggest failings of Zen-Cart (there aren't many I admit and the support on here from members is excellent) - Zen-Cart v1.4 I have read time and time again is supposedly going to incorporate this feature, but I read this in posts from 3 years ago... and sadly still nothing on it.

Just as a side comment, it does seem to be a blatantly obvious feature that has been missing from ZC given the number of online stores that this feature is surely a must, clothing for a start with colours and sizes is just the first I can think of. Hopefully soon it will be addressed fully and released either as a mod or in an update.

Plugin Contributions

I totally agree perhaps this mod could be included in the next u[pdated version of zancart, quite hard to follow when there is so many pages about this, does get confusing for a newbie.

Many thanks again thou for your efforts

Page 90 of 113 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast