Plugin Contributions

Free Shipping for selected products inone zone

Hi, I posted this in the old forum, (good job on the new one by the way...like the topic organisation)

But I still need some help, here is my old tread:

<!---BofOLDTHREAD --->
    I have a cart that needs certain products to have free shipping, but only in the US (where the store is based)

I have the selection on the required products set to " Yes, Always Free Shipping"

And I have the "Freeshipper" shipping module zone set to US.

I also have other shipping options that should also appear such as UPS.

All works wonderful when I order with a US address, but when I try to order the "free shipping in the US" product with an international address the shipping page on checkout shows no options at all.

I think it has to do with the setting in the product. But I don't know what the alternative way to have only certain products have Free shipping in the US only.

I hope this makes sense!

Thank you for any help!!
    --------
    5th May 2006, 09:25 PM
    Ajeh

You could do this with Free Shipping Options (freeoptions) and set the Zone for it to US and then use UPS and create a Zone for that to be the rest of the world ...

NOTE: Always Free Shipper YES overrules the products_weight ...
    <!---EofOLDTHREAD --->

This didn't seem to work

I have the "freeshipper" module Zone set to US. but when I order a "free shipping product" from another country, I get no shipping options at all and it won't let me proceed to the payment page.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping for selected products inone zone

The Free Shipping Module (freeshipper) is a special module that only shows when the whole order is Free Shipping so doesn't quite behave as other modules do ...

You could use the Free Options Shipping Module (freeoptions) and set the Zone on this one for the US ...

Note: the Free Options Shipping Module is designed to run when the other shipping modules run ...

So if this is an "alternative" to the other shipping modules such as UPS and USPS you can just set its zone and it will only show to the US providing you have your Zone configured correctly for US Only ...

Then the rest of the world would see everything *except* the Free Shipping (freeoptions) and those in the US would see everything *and* the Free Shipping (freeoptions) ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

hmmm probably should have mentioned that I am already using the free shipping options module for orders above $60 (but, again, not in the US) I can't use it for both can i?

Plugin Contributions

Are you using Flat?

You could just change that to Charge 0.00 and set the zone to US Only ... and perhaps jazz up the language file ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I think we could do with a whole book on setting up Shipping!

My brief is this:

Paid shipping to mainland UK only, with options for standard and express.
    Free shipping to a local area defined by POST CODE within a single county of the UK .

So as I see this, I set up a Zone to exclude the non-mainland areas, and I set up a zone which contains just the one county which will qualify for free local delivery...and somewhere within the files, I place an IF statement dependent on the shipping postal code.

Does that make sense...and if so, which file should I be playing with?

Oh, and the client would really like to be able to change the qualifying Post Codes from admin! But I guess that would really complicate matters?

I've spent a good few hours rooting around the forums and haven't been able to come up with a definitive solution. I've also been trial and erroring - with lots and LOTS of the latter - but with no success.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

After a brief break and a cup of coffee, it now seems to me that the "simple" solution for me is to use the Free Shipping Options (and find out how to only display that if a certain post code is offered), the Table Rate (editing the language files) for the standard delivery and the StorePickup for the express delivery (again, editing the language files and using the same method - when I find it - to only display that when the post code is relevant)

Funny how sometimes just writing it down - and probably confusing everyone else in the process - helps to clarify things!

Incidentally, I found that the Free Shipping would not display at the top of the list unless it had a sort value greater than 0.

Plugin Contributions

I've got my shipping options set up correctly now, so all I need to do now is find out how to apply the post code "selection" so that my local options only display for the local postcodes...how would I do that?

Plugin Contributions

Any luck with this? I am having a similar problem. I have items set to "always free shipping" in product description and the zone limited to the USA but need to have regular shipping rates come up for international addresses. No way to do it in free shipping options since it is only on certain items, not based on $ amt (although I do use this for free ship over $50) or weight.
    Zen Cart: Diva Knitting