Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Configuring Taxes for Canadian Sites/Zones

Quote Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
    This is an educated guess... currencies. Just the numbers being used that don't make sense with the taxes you've described... is it possible your store currency is set to USD and your users are using CAD? I don't see a selector on your site where I can choose a currency, so I'm wondering if you have that hardcoded somewhere, or if you are perchance using my userCurrency mod and it is being selected for us based on location?

Just a thought

- Steven
    Thanks for the hint on currency. I checked out Localization > Currencies and discovered that although CAD was set to the default currency, its value was still 1.11...the out-of-the-box value I guess. Saved! Mucho thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Aha! Glad I could help. Out of the box, I think the default is USD. When you change that, you have to put a 1.0000 into the value and then re-update the currencies.

So all good now?

- Steven

Plugin Contributions

I'm a bit confused by this thread. I've installed 1.36, and it seems to come with all of the provinces listed already, ready for definitions and rates. Should I ignore this thread, duplicate the entries, or delete the preinstalled ones and insert the ones from this thead?
    mark

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

This thread is talking about how to configure your taxes using the already-created countries+provinces.

If you don't already have the Zone Definitions created (which you shouldn't, given a fresh install), you'll need to follow these instructions insomuch as they apply to your needs.

You will not need to duplicate any "Zones"; merely add new Zone Definitions (not to be confused with the fact that they may be called by the same name as existing Zones).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

none of the above... just follow the instructions carefully. You are confusing geographical zones with tax zones... follow to the letter and you'll get it.

[edit] ooops... Dr.B beat me to it :) [/edit]

- Steven
    Last edited by s_mack; 3 Dec 2006 at 11:41 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I think I might be missing something with the set up here. I had this tax set up done in version 1.35. We recently upgraded to 1.36 and I have followed the instructions here to a T. However, only GST is showing up when I do a test purchase in Ontario. Any thought as to why this might happen? I've checked everything 3 times over and can't figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. It was more than a bit confusing.
    mark

Plugin Contributions

I've followed the directions (and even reset the default tax to be selected when adding a new product:)). I now have two GSTs being added to both the product and to the shipping. Where might I have duplicated?
    mark

Plugin Contributions

Problem solve: a combination of a test product with no tax rate set, and "allzones", as MB1 noted above.
    mark

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I have setup my test cart with the correct settings, this is an Ontario location, and I am getting the wrong taxes, for example, $10.00 gives me $11.11

Any reason why?

Bill

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast