I dunno... just came out that way when I was finished following the instructions above. Mind you, I've done a LOT of mods to my site so maybe its not normal. I actualy don't like it... too many bloody lines. I now have it so it combines everything onto one line: "GST + PST: $4.28" and let the customer figure out what part is for shipping if they really care... its not like it is difficult math.

As far as what to charge HST on... EVERYTHING. Anything you collect GST on, you should collect HST on... they are one in the same... no difference at all. The question isn't "what" do you charge it on, its "who". Any customer from NS, NL, and NB - regardless of where YOU do business (as long as you are in Canada). Follow the instructions carefully, it does HST correctly.

Someone above said they are charging taxes to everyone, even those outside of Canada. That's just wrong. As a Canadian business, you *NEVER* collect Canadian taxes on goods destined to any foreign country. You're just ripping your customer off and causing yourself a headache later. Don't do it... take the 35 seconds required to learn and understand zones (or just follow the instructions above) and do it properly.

All Canadians should use the default setting of charging taxes based on shipping address, not billing or store address. You don't need to set up any zones other than what is described above for tax purposes... just follow those steps and you are good to go as far as taxes are concerned.

- Steven