Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Configuring Taxes for Canadian Sites/Zones

Yep - you don't have the correct settings.

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    I have installed the latest version 1.37 and i have always had the gst configured as shown on the first page, since my latest upgrade I have noticed Gst not being charged on some of my Canadian orders. I have had orders from Sault Ste. Marie, BC & Cambridge recently that did not get charged any tax, however in the same time frame I had orders from london and they were charged GST.
    I have taken another look at my set up and changed my store configuratuion to London after I had added this as a zone, I then tried a test purchase and still no GST out of london, it worked fine before my upgrade, any ideas???
    yours Marie

Plugin Contributions

I've checked and rechecked my setup, and I'm positive I have followed the instructions to the letter - but for some reason, the GST on Shipping never shows in my order page. Anyone have any thoughts on something I may have missed? Thanks...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by moxy View Post
    I've checked and rechecked my setup, and I'm positive I have followed the instructions to the letter - but for some reason, the GST on Shipping never shows in my order page. Anyone have any thoughts on something I may have missed? Thanks...
    Well, I have no idea what I did, but somehow poking around I seem to have fixed it. If I figure it out I'll post back with a solution.

Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping Taxes - Charging PST and GST separately.

We have a problem with the shipping taxes not being separated by GST and PST.

We only want to charge PST on shipping when the client is from the province of BC, Canada.

However, the shipping module only allows ONE tax class and we need it for the CANADA GST which gets charged in every province.

How we Charge GST on shipping to all Canadian Provinces and PST on shipping to only BC?

We need to charge the PST and GST seperaty for shipping taxes.

Shane

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping Taxes - Charging PST and GST separately.

Follow the instructions at the the top EXACTLY and you will end up with what you want.

I have the exact same situation as you (in BC) and it works perfectly.

- Steven

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
    Follow the instructions at the the top EXACTLY and you will end up with what you want.

I have the exact same situation as you (in BC) and it works perfectly.

- Steven
    Hi Steven,

I am not sure we are talking about the same things.

I do have the EXACT settings at the beginning of this discussion and it does not work for dual taxes on SHIPPING.

We can only charge PST on shipping for customers in BC. But we have to charge GST for customers in all other provinces.

Zen Cart only allows ONE shipping tax class for per Shipping Method.

We essentially, need two shipping classes:

1. GST and PST for BC residents.
    2. GST only for residents outside of BC (all other provinces).

Does this make sense?

Plugin Contributions

Yes, of course it does... and yes, that is how mine is set up (except you are missing HST on shipping to Atlantic provinces). That is how it should be set up for ALL BC-based stores. And following the original steps of this thread produces that for me just fine, so I don't know what the problem is.

You don't need more than one shipping tax class... you just need multiple tax rates for that class, based on zones.

I know you're saying you went through it... but all I can suggest is you do it again more carefully. Just (obviously) substitute BC for Ontario, and 7% PST instead of 8%.

You WILL end up with PST+GST being charged appropriately on shipping within BC and GST only being charged on the other provinces (except Atlantic which will, correctly, be charged HST) and no tax on International shipments.

There doesn't appear to be anything special about your circumstances so it will work for you if the settings are exact.

- Steven

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
    I know you're saying you went through it... but all I can suggest is you do it again more carefully. Just (obviously) substitute BC for Ontario, and 7% PST instead of 8%.
    Thanks for pointing that out....

AH, we only had to make one change:

Make the Tax Class Title: GST Shipping Class...

- Tax Class Title: GST Shipping Class
    - Zone: BC PST Zone
    - Tax Rate (%): 7.0000
    - Description: 7.0% PST (shipping)
    - Priority: 1

Thank you!

Shane

Plugin Contributions

Ok I am from Westlock,Alberta,Canada,and I an having trouble setting up my taxes. I am a Canadian Only Store.

Alberta Purchase

ex. 3 Items x 4.99 = $14.97 + 10% Shipping of Order Total $1.50 + 6.0% GST = (wrong amount $0.90,should be 0.98) + (how do I add this to the total purchase amount) + 70c Service Charge

Ok my problem is that I need to add the 70c service charge to the cart , plus the 6.0% GST is wrong it should be 0.98 instead of 0.90.??? Shopping cart isn't calaculating it right.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast